Friday, December 7, 2007

Swimming and Other Happenings of the Week

This week was the last week of swimming. Quinn and I have been going once a week for 12 weeks, and Malcolm's have been twice a week for six weeks. So needless to say I was ready to move on. The boys have both improved a ton! Quinn was still a little apprehensive at the beginning, but by the end he would totally jump and be fine going under the water. Malcolm just loved it period. They both passed their levels and can move on up to the next. I'm hoping sometime next semester we can do it again. I think it helps them being in an indoor heated pool.

Quinn's last day. It was "safety day", so they wore life jackets the whole time. Good thing Quinn's worn them before and likes time. Some kids scream. Every time he jumps in he soaks me. So much for trying not to get the hair wet. Oh and his "teacher" was Brianna Boland from Ephrata. How funny!! Malcolm's last day. They also tried out the life jackets. He had an awesome teacher. The funny thing was he ended up being LDS, and so were everybody in his class.Malcolm doing his back float. He does very well swimming. Of course he can't keep himself afloat for too long, but he can swim to the side of the pool and kinda do some strokes. He had one little mishap. They were practicing jumping in to the teacher one by one, and then they would swim to the edge and hold on. Some how at one point he let go and then couldn't find the edge again. He was swimming, just couldn't keep his head out of the water. The lifeguards and me went running, well I didn't get to far before they were there, and they pulled him to the edge. It didn't phase him one bit. He came out smiling thinking he was swimming the whole time. My friend Mandy asked if it freaked me out, and I didn't think it did, but then a few minutes later I realized my heart was pounding.
Wednesday after swimming the Poteet's and the boys and I all went to a little Christmas thing on campus. (Matt has anatomy lab that night.) At the Alumni building they had free pictures with Santa, and Butch dressed up as Santa too. (He's the Cougars Mascot.) Malcolm didn't want a picture, and Quinn was really really scared crying. They also had cookie decorating, make your own paper ornament and cookies and drinks. All the boys wanted were the cookies and juice. They didn't care about the rest. Here are Georgey and the boys showing off! They are all way too much boy!
The Poteet's! Georgey, George, Mandy and Grayham. I talk about them a lot so I thought I should post a picture of them. Hopefully they don't mind!!
Thursday ended up being a good day. I've been so tired and behind on everything. I decided to take a nap and Matt cleaned the bathroom. I was so happy, and I didn't even ask. I'm so amazed at how well he does. He cleans all the little fixtures and down by the base of the toilet. Some guys don't do so great!! He's the best husband ever. Every year he just gets better too!

While I was napping my friend Erica came and brought us some yummy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. They are so good! Thanks Erica!! So when I woke up Quinn and I went and hung out with her for a while. I could have stayed several more hours and chatted. She lives just across the parking lot and yet I never get to see her. Since we moved to a family ward, we don't see some of our old friends anymore.

When I got home I remember the Poteet's had wanted to hang out. So I gave them a call and we decided last minute to make Hawaiian haystacks together. Matt had requested them, and apparently George has been craving them as well. They were yummy. Thanks Mandy, you did the hard stuff!! After that the boys watched movies and ate popcorn. The adults played cribbage. Matt and I had never played and I really enjoyed it. Of course I had great hands every time, and Mandy and I kicked the guys butts!!

Just had to share a picture of the boys. Before going to the Poteet's Matt was watching "The Man From Snowy River" and Quinn grabbed his hat and made Matt shut off the movie to be the horse. We got these hat's for a $1 each when they were originally $20-$30. The boys love them, and they look adorable in them. Notice they have there guns out!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sounds like you are managing to stay busy. That will make these last few months to fly by before the baby comes. Love all the pics.

melanie said...

I thought I commented last night, apparently not!

That was such a big commitment for swimming. I would be so glad that it's over. I like the 2 weeks stint we do here.

We haven't had Hawaiian Haystacks forever, that sounds so good! Oh and so do pumpkin choc chip cookies. I should bake this week!