Monday, December 24, 2007

Eventful Sunday and the Rest of the Week.

I had to write this post before all the Christmas celebrating, or I know it wouldn't get done.

Sunday ended up being quite the eventful day! My little sister Leisha and her husband are home for the holidays, and so they blessed my sweet niece Emma. There was tons of family there, so it was great. She is such a cute little baby. This is a picture Leisha emailed, she's about a month here. I think it's such a precious picture.
Emma in her peanut shell. Leisha was showing me what it's all about. I love her little tongue.She's now just over 2 months old. (Out of the four babies being born into my family these next few months, she is the only girl!)
The really great surprise is I have a new nephew. Melanie went into labor 2 weeks early, sort of throwing her for a loop. She'd been induced with her other two boys, so how great for her to go natural with this one. He just couldn't wait for Christmas. He was born on Dec 23rd, just after 4pm. He weighed in at 8 lb 15 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. Good thing he came early! Melanie is doing great and had a great delivery. I'm so glad I was able to be home and went and saw them in the hospital. He's so cute with his round face, and yawns!! They haven't decided on a name yet. Oh the pressure!

Update: His name is Reed William. So precious! I love newborns!


As for the rest of the week...obviously we came home for the holidays. All Matt's siblings came home. (Except Ben who's on a mission in Texas!) It seems like I've been busy doing something everyday. Thursday I spent my afternoon at my Mom's kidless. I wanted sometime to visit with Leisha while she was there. I held Emma for over 2 hours while she slept. I totally spoiled her and I'm glad Leisha let me. That will probably be my only time to have that one on one time. I really enjoyed catching up with Leisha. I hate having her so far away. She's such a fun sister!!

Milo turned the big 30 on Thursday too. That night we had a family get together to celebrate. Everything was pretty great until Nathan got sick and threw up all over Melanie and everywhere else for that matter. Poor guy...and so far no one else has had it.

Anyways, Happy Birthday Milo!! I love you so much and you are such a great brother. I'm thankful for everything you have done for me through the years. I cherish the memories of our childhood together. Especially the times when you and I would just bond.

Milo acting excited about his new Guitar Hero III from Mom. He knew he was getting it.
Milo blowing out the candles. Just one for every decade. I know it's really dark, I was playing with the setting on my camera, and there's obviously not a lot of time to get is right!
Friday I didn't do much either. Mostly just did the last of my Christmas shopping. Matt and his bros seemed to play games most the day.

Saturday I was able to go spend some time with two of my best friends in Ephrata. I again went without kids, and had a great time catching up. April "fixed" my hair from a not so great haircut. She's is so funny, I love being around her. She's always so positive. My BBF Tami came home with her husband to have Christmas with her family. She also had her hair done by April, so we all spent sometime together laughing and catching up. Then Tami took me to her mom's new house she just built. It is so gorgeous, I love it. My father in law is doing the landscaping, and so far what he has done is awesome. He's very talented. He makes the best waterfalls ever!!

Matt was so nice to pretty much let me have 3 days of running around with no kids!! He's such a great husband. I'm so glad to have a little "break" for myself. Thanks Matthew, you are the best and I love you deeply. Here's a picture of Quinn sucking his thumb, with his blanket. It's starting to pop into my head every once in a while how to use the settings on my camera. I get really frustrated sometime feeling like I've wasted my money because I don't know how to take "good" pictures. Hopefully someday it will all come together. Anyways. I thought this turned out to be a good picture! I love taking them that's for sure. Especially when the subjects are just so dang cute!!

2 comments:

melanie said...

It was an eventful Sunday! I'm glad you guys came to visit. I didn't have very many visitors, I'm sure because Mon was Christmas eve.

I'm so glad April could cut your hair. Who knew just a day later I would go into labor! I always love your hair, it looked great.

Anna said...

I love the week recaps. The pic of Quinn is to cute, oh and the ones of baby Reed. Hope you had a good Christmas.