Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas

I can't believe the week is already gone and I haven't even done my Christmas post yet. We had a great Holiday. Christmas Eve morning I started out by helping my Mom get food ready for our Christmas Eve dinner. While I was doing that Malcolm was helping build a rocket to launch. Uncle Mike, the rocket scientist, was helping him.
While they were launching the rocket, I was showering. Malcolm came and told me all about it, he was pretty excited. Matt came asking me where Quinn was, and of course I thought he was with Matt since I was in the shower. Matt started looking everywhere for him and started to get worried when he couldn't find him. Then Paka found him just sleeping on the floor. Matt and I didn't even see him just laying there. It was so cute, wearing his snow boots and all still. My kids never just fall asleep. The batteries on my camera died just as I was about to take the picture. Luckily we have our old camera for back up!
We had a great dinner at Mom's. Of course there was way to much tasty food. The only sibling missing was Brianne, so we had a lot of people. Melanie wasn't there either since she had just had a baby, but her Mom joined us instead which was great! This is my sweet niece Emma decked out for Christmas. She looked so cute in red, especially her red bow!
It's tradition in my family to open new jammies on Christmas Eve. The boys were pretty excited to open a present. We gave them a quick bath before opening them so they could put them on right away.
They thought their jammies and slippers were so cool. Malcolm thanked me over and over. I think they look so cute in the old man jammies!
Quinn still has his horsey obsession. I love how Mom is being led around by Malcolm. She wasn't excited about me taking the pictures!
Then Quinnie had the chance to be the horsey too, or a dog, who knows what he was thinking he was this time.
We had Christmas morning with Matt's family. All his family was there except for Ben who's still serving his mission. Our kids were the last ones up some how. We didn't open gifts until about 8am. Our little family Christmas morning, with Rose of course. We don't have girls in our little family.
Quinn didn't quite know what to think of all this present opening. He doesn't look to excited about his Santa gift.
Rose totally loving her new doll and care bear. She is such girlie girl. She's so stinking cute.
Malcolm was so funny. He was opening his Santa present he was so excited, when he saw it was a bumblebee transformer he was totally shaking saying "b..b..b..bumblebee!" It was so stinking cute. Somehow the picture I took of him with it turned out blurry. Ugh! He just couldn't get enough present opening and when he was done, he started helping Quinn out. This is Mack with his new suit from Grandma and Paka. The boys are going to look sharp in those Sunday.
I think Quinn was totally overwhelmed by it all. He ended up giving up for a while and just sat down eating some Smarties. We tried giving him other presents to open, and he just didn't care to open them. Malcolm was opening them for him and showing him what he got. So funny.
Malcolm had a list of four things for Santa. He ended up getting all of them. The "grandma's" totally gave into all his requests. Besides bumblebee, one other request was a red light saber. Gramimi and Poppy gave both him and Quinn one. They were very excited!
They totally light up and make sounds every time it's swung or hit against something.
Paka and Grandma gave Quinn a horse on a stick, you know what I mean, the head of a horse. Quinn was very excited and started riding it right away. Cynthia also remember she had some old cowboy outfits one of Merle's sisters made for her kids. She gave one to Quinn for Christmas. He's a pretty cute little cowboy with just a onesie, vest and chaps! Cynthia is letting us use all the cowboy outfits. Our boys will have some fun in those!
It finally snowed here in Moses Lake. I guess it's snowed before, but it had all melted. I was really hoping it would snow while Laura and Mike were here so Rose could play in the snow. You don't get that chance living in warm weather! We didn't have any sleds, so the boys were trying to go down on garbage can lids and Matt took out a cookie sheet. It didn't work that great!
Malcolm then decided to try the garbage can. What a funny kid! Paka later was pulling them on a shovel. It was so cute, I went back inside by that time. Oh and it was totally snowing at the time so the snow flakes were falling in front of the lens.
We had a great Christmas with both our families. We also had a good time talking to Ben. He'll be home October 2008, so less then a year now. It was great having all Matt's family home. Laura and Mike left Friday. Nate and Jeff leave tomorrow. It's gonna be quiet this next week. Hopefully I'll have some time to go visit my new nephew. I haven't even seen him since he was born. So sad I know!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like you guys had fun. How fun for you to get to be with Matt's whole family. I love the pics and Aunt Mimi is looking skinny.

melanie said...

Quinn wearing the chaps...adorable!! I can't believe Christmas is over, let alone New Year's. I'm glad you guys are having a good break for the holidays.