On Matt's birthday his parents wanted to meet us in Spokane to celebrate. It worked out great since Matt doesn't have classes on Thursday. It had snowed quite a bit that night, but luckily the roads were just wet. We had a good time shopping for Matt and eating at Chili's. The boys were great. It helped having 5 adults to 2 kids. I didn't get to tired out from dealing with them the whole time. They loved having Uncle Rhino (Ryan) push them in the stroller. The boys got some snow pants thanks to Cynthia, and Malcolm had to put them on and wear them while playing at the Mall playground. I'm disappointed I wasn't able to take a picture. I didn't feel like carrying my camera around the mall the whole time. That's the draw back of a big camera.

Matt with his new leather coat. Doesn't he look hot!?! Matt's parents, my parents and I all went in together to get this for him. He really wanted it, he's always looking for something warmer to wear for riding his motorcycle.
His parents also got him some SAS shoes. They're these old man shoes as I like to say, but apparently they are really comfortable. Matt actually found a style that's not to bad. He says they're the most comfortable shoes he's ever had.

The boys were totally worn out when we left. Quinn was asleep minutes after leaving the mall. Malcolm just chatted and sang the whole way home. This is the birthday song he sang for Matt.
Happy Birthday to Matt.
We buy you and an Iron Man game.
We love you so much.
Jesus Christ Amen.
He kept saying he wanted to buy Matt an Iron Man game...which there isn't even one that exists. He's so cute. He also thought Matt should have a Transformer birthday cake. Since we were gone all day Thursday, we made a cake on Friday. I didn't have any real decorating tools, so it turned out really ugly...but the little boys loved it. I was going to have some friends over for cake and ice cream too, but Matt got a really bad cold and cough on his birthday, and just didn't feel like having people over. Our friend Chad and Jerica Platt did stop by and bring Matt some candy for his big day.

Saturday we did a little browsing for Christmas gifts for the boys. Malcolm really wants a bumblebee transformer, but we couldn't find one. We did buy the boys a sled since we've gotten so much snow. When we got home Matt took the boys down the hill a couple times, but it was dark and they didn't have all their gear on. The boys thought it was really cool though. Sunday it snowed 3-4 inches and I thought today we could do some sledding. Then go figure it started raining and is still raining. It's melted most of the snow away.
Malcolm wanted to write a letter to Santa, so on Sunday Matt wrote out what he wanted on a paper for him to copy. It was suppose to say: Dear Santa, I want, bumblebee, light saber. I had to scan these letters since they're his first letters to Santa. The really legible bumblebee Matt wrote for him. So sweet. I think this is what the "worldly" Christmas is all about. Just for the kids! I sure don't care about the presents.

4 comments:
Oh the Santa list is so cute. Bumblebee is so hard to find! Nathan wanted one for his birthday and no luck.
I like the old man shoes. Maybe since he's hit 30 he feels the need for comfort first, style second, ha! I doubt it, not with Matt. Your day in Spokane sounds fun. I haven't been there forever!
So cute! I love your posts Shaila. And tell Matt he is super hot in his leather jacket. He'll even look superhotter when he is cruising on his bike. Happy Late Birthday to you Matt!!!
I love Malcolm letter to Santa! So, so cute.
Cool jacket.
Post a Comment