Saturday, December 15, 2007
Family Happenings and Sweet Reminders
Quinn has been so funny this week. I don't know what he's been on lately, but it's definitely something to do with being two. It snowed about 6-8 inches Sunday night, so Monday morning we had to take Matt to an 8am final. We had to get the boys out of bed so that we could get Matt there in time. I guess when Matt opened the closet to get Quinn's coat, he saw his helmet and really wanted to ride his bike. He put it on and was sure that we were going to go outside and ride. He didn't want to get in the car, so Matt kept telling him he could ride his bike when he got home. He wore his helmet the whole car ride. I got home and had to try to explain to a two year old why we can't ride his bike in the snow. He didn't even want to take his helmet off inside and he had to eat with it on. Eventually it came off.
When Malcolm got home from school Monday, which isn't until almost 4:30pm, Matt took them out sledding. I was finishing making potato soup, so I went out a while later. It was getting to be really foggy and dark, so I couldn't get really any pictures unless I was really close. Matt taught them how to "snowboard" down, and Malcolm loved doing it that way, taking a few face dives. Quinn wasn't quite so brave.
Quinn has been obsessed with being a cowboy lately. He wears his hat and will sit on the armrest of the couch thinking it's his horse. Obviously he knows what guns cowboys use too. Every time Matt gets down on his hands and knees, Quinn is right on his back. The other day Matt was watching "A Man From Snowy River" on his laptop and when Quinn saw all the horses, he got his cowboy hat, shut Matt's computer and told him to be the horsey. He'll tell Matt to "HEE" and to go big, meaning to rear up. He is such a funny kid!
On Tuesday and Wednesday I made Santa sugar cookies to take to some neighbors and friends for Christmas. My Mom makes them sometimes and I just think they are the cutest thing ever. You use a heart shape cookie cutter and then make the Santa on the upside down heart. My Mom always uses mini M&M's for the eyes and nose, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so I just bought the frosting in the tub for it. Then you use coconut for the beard and top of hat. So festive! The frosting took forever and we didn't eat dinner that night until after 7pm. Good thing I'm such a terrible mom and let my boys frost and eat a cookie!
We just started reading family scriptures together in October. I know we are terrible, but I think Matt and I realized how old Malcolm was getting and we have totally neglected doing this. So after the boys take their bath and get dressed, we sit down at the kitchen table and eat sliced apples and read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon. The boys do really well since they are occupied eating apples, and looking at their books. Wednesday since it was so late, I think Matt and I were both thinking of skipping it and just putting the boys to bed. Matt usually does the bathing and dressing, while I do the kitchen clean up. I'm cleaning up the kitchen and Quinn comes out, wearing a basketball outfit as jammies none the less, and starts putting every ones scriptures on the table. It was so cute, he knew exactly who's was who's. Then he sat down and just waited for the rest of us while looking at his Book of Mormon and asking for an apple. How can you resist to do what's right, when you have the sweet reminder from a two year old!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nathan went through a bike helmet phase. His hair was crazy when he took it off.
I want one of those Santa cookies! They are my favorite! Well almost all sugar cookies with frosting are but these are so dang cute.
The kids are always the first to remind up of scripture time. They love to do what's right.
I mean remind US!
Post a Comment