Doug and Connie have a treadmill and we have it in our bedroom. The boys would get on is occasionally and pretend they are running, while I'm getting ready in the morning. One day Malcolm actually figured out how to get the treadmill moving, but the other boys were sleeping and I was up there, so no big deal. Mom came over to pick me up one night so we could go watch "This is it" and all the boys disappeared. All of the sudden Winston was crying and Malcolm was running down tell us Winston was hurt. Apparently they all snuck up there and were all on the treadmill together. Malcolm turned it on, Winston fell and got stuck at the bottom, between the wall as well. They turned it off really quick, but poor Winston having just had a bath was just in a diaper. He got pretty bad "road rash" on his back bum, hip and elbow. He was in pain for several days, and I just kept him
Tylenol in him to help him feel a little better.
Doesn't it look so sad! It got pretty scabby and gross looking. In fact, still a month later, he still has red marks on the bad ones.

No this isn't a Sketchers ad! Ha! He was trying to put on his own diaper. He didn't appreciate me much that I was wanting to get pictures of him.

Here's the diaper he was wearing, it put a whole in it, and that's how he got the rash on his bum as well. I'm just thankful that's all that happened and it wasn't any worse! We have made sure we keep the key put up and the treadmill unplugged now! Lesson learned!
1 comment:
Youch!!!! poor kid. my kids play on the treadmill in my room too. I'm definitely leaving the key up high now!
ps. the kids left a little something for you guys on your doorstep the other night. hope you got it!
Post a Comment