We were just curious to see if he would even do it, so we started him out on the big bed in his room. He got out a couple times, but he fell asleep there. I forgot that he was in the bed, until a couple hours later we heard a loud thump and then heard him crying. Poor boy, but he went right back to bed.
The only bad thing, was he was waking up so early, just after 6am, where he usually slept until 7:30-8am. He was also waking up in the middle of the night, walking into our room and crying, and not really wanting to lay back down in his room. This makes it hard to let them cry it out, when they just get up and come into your room.
We didn't like this getting up in the middle of the night, and waking up too early, so Matt thought that if we converted the crib to the toddler bed, that he would be more comfortable with the familiarity of it. When Matt converted into the toddler bed, Winston thought it was so fun and played in it and laid in it. He seemed fine when he went down for his nap, but when Matt checked on him, he was in the big bed.We decided that he really needed to get used to it, because one day when we move and we can't take the big bed with us, it might be an issue. So we knew we should make sure he gets used to the toddler bed. That night he did not want to go to sleep in it, so Matt just stayed by him and rubbed his cheek until he was almost asleep.
It ended up working pretty well, he woke up that night, and I just took him back to bed, although he wasn't happy about it, made him lay down and rubbed his cheek until he was back to sleep. He ended up sleeping after 7am, which was what we wanted. He's sleeping a lot better now and is just fine with the toddler bed. Yay! What a big boy!
One night when Matt went upstairs, he told me to come up quick and bring my camera. Winston apparently got out of bed, and we didn't hear him, and opened the door to the bathroom between our rooms and just felling asleep there.
It was so funny to see. I can't believe he actually fell asleep like that.
Ahh, such a sweet boy.
I love that sweet face and those cute eyelashes. He didn't even flinch when I put him in his bed.
In all these pictures I took, the flash never even made him stir! It was really hard to try and focus and get a good composition when it's dark and you can't see anything through the viewfinder.My little baby is definitely turning into a toddler. In attitude, looks and growing up. Sniff! I loved him all curled up in the corner of the toddler bed. I have to go and check on him every night before I go to bed. His room is the coldest room in the house, and so I always want to make sure he's covered. I love when I go in and his bum is in the air. So cute!
I love this crib and that it's a convertible. I think it's so cute as a toddler bed. You can't even barely see that Winston is in there.
2 comments:
We never comment but we love the pictures.
What an adorable post!!! Jack has not figured out the whole climbing out of the crib yet(thankfully) Winston is so big! Why do babies have to grow up?????
Post a Comment