I was excited to get away from the extremely cold temperatures we were having. It was so cold and dreary the day we left.
I love flying! I always have, and I hope I always will. Matt and I after getting comfy on the plane, but with me and focus and not Matt! Oops!
I made Matt let me sit by the window! I love the window seat.
It's so cool to be above the clouds and to see the sun shining
We had a quick layover in Seattle. Can you see the Space Needle?
These clouds were awesome. I love the fluffy clouds. It was so pretty and sunny over them, unlike the dreary and gray beneath them.
Getting into Oakland. It ended up being colder then usual in the Bay Area. It was still warmer then here, being 50 degrees, but it was kinda sad that we took the cold with us. It even got so cold during the night, that it ended up snowing in some places. Which hadn't happened in forever and a day! Stinks for us! (I'm sure those California kids sure loved the snow though!)
We survived the airport and made it safely to our rent car. We got a nice black Ford Focus. Gotta love Ford, and Focus!
We headed over to Stockton about an hour away to see my Aunt Cara and her family. When you are traveling in unknown territory, it's always nice to have a GPS. I don't mind spending the extra money on that thing! We had fun eating and visiting with Cara, Ryan, Colby and Taylor. They are such a sweet family, and I love them. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. Then afterwords, I regret it!
After dinner we headed over to Vallejo where we stayed the night. The next day we went to Mare Island, and old Naval Base. It was so cool. There were so many old rundown buildings and warehouses.
I think this might have been the old hospital. But I really don't know.
Just loving the old buildings.
Apparently on a naval base you decorate with cannons, or else they were really used! Ha! I don't know.
Love these old houses. They must have been for the officer families or something. They were huge and beautiful.
Can't be in California without taking a picture of a palm tree. These are so interesting to me. I think I need to research them, because I just don't get them. This one was just so huge and the trunk is so huge. So pretty though.
We also went a Jelly Belly factory. We would have done the tour, but we decided we better get back to the airport, since we didn't know what traffic would be like an such.
I did love these Jelly Belly cars, especially the VW Beetle with the little Jelly Bellies on them. They looked tasty!
Matt thought so too!
We had to take a picture of the Jelly Belly motorcycle for the boys.
Really, who drives these things. I sure would take it home!
Driving to the airport with a California sunset.
It was a fun fast trip and fun to be just the two of us. I sure do love my hubby. Even if we take crappy self portraits!
No comments:
Post a Comment