We had all my family, Tom and Brianne even drove up last minute, and from Matt's family Ben. I'm glad he could represent for the Hardy clan!
After church we had ham and sour cream potatoes for dinner. He debated over that and my mom's egg rolls, but ultimately wanted what would be easier. So ham and potatoes it was. My mom ended up taking over the whole show for me. She insisted on making the potatoes and the cake. I felt guilty, but I think she knew I had a lot on my plate at the moment with school. So I just did the ham, easy, and the veggies, easy. Poor mom!
Matt said he just wanted a chocolate on chocolate cake. Something easy again. So mom made a screwball cake, a cake from scratch. It's a very moist cake and she had never tried using it to decorate it. When she took them out of the rounds, it just started cracking and breaking.
So she improvised and just poured the frosting over it, then put army men on it. She thought it was terrible, but I thought it was cute. If she ever tried to make an army men on the battlefield cake again, it wouldn't turn out like this. It was delicious too.
Matt bought his own birthday present early this year, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2", so I didn't buy him anything. Although I would have liked to, it just didn't get to happen. Luckily my mom pulled through on the gift as well. (She saved the day all around!) She got him Ed Hardy Love & Luck cologne gift set. It smells so good, and he really did love it.
She got him Ed Hardy Love & Luck cologne gift set. It smells so good, and he really did love it.
Testing it out, and the smile on his face says it's a hit. (I also love Ben in the background!) Mom must be on a Ed Hardy thing, since she got me a perfume gift set for my birthday. It must be the last name thing.
One last picture from that night, since I only took about 15, there wasn't much to share. Ben was snoozing away on the couch. So Milo thought he would be funny and snuggle up next to him. I couldn't get my camera up and running before it woke Ben up. He didn't even wake up right away!
Happy birthday to my incredibly handsome and wonderful husband. He is the best man that I could have picked. He is so incredibly thoughtful of my needs and a great father as well. I love you Matthew! I'm proud of you and all the goals you have set and are achieving!Thank you Mom for always being wonderful and helping me out so much! I love you as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment