Monday, December 21, 2009

Malcolm's First Christmas Program

The first week of December, Malcolm's school had their Christmas programs. It was really nice, they broke it up into just a few classes and had like 3 or 4 different ones that day. My mom didn't work that day, so we were lucky enough to have her come along. Malcolm's program started an hour after he got to school, so since it takes nearly half an hour round trip to get there and back, we decided just to kill a little time and go do a little browsing at the grocery store nearby. Mom found some great deals, like a box of Captain Crunch for $.97. It was cool, too bad I didn't have my money with me. Mom also spoiled the kids and got them each a treat.

We were about a half an hour early for the concert, so we could get a good seat, and so we had to entertain the kids just for a little bit. Winston was a little tired, since it was nap time, so Mom just filled them up with lots of sugar, and then they were all wound up. Quinnie was really liking his candy necklace.
Can you tell? He's a funny kid. Really both the boys did really well and were just excited to see Malcolm up there.
Winston was a crazy messy boy. Notice he got a haircut. It was sad to cut off his long cute hair, but it was time, for now anyways. He looks adorable with his short hair and faux hawk again. But he looks so grown up and different too! Sad!
Malcolm was so cute walking up, he was doing his little embarrassed look, and playing with his tongue like he was embarrassed. This is right after they walked onto the stage and they are lining up.
Haha, by some of his friends.
Just a couple of days before, Malcolm told me how he was playing the tambourine at the concert. So cute! He was so very excited! (Sorry about the red blob in the corner. That's what happens when you're shooting between people.)
He did such a great job, and stayed right on the right beat the whole time. I'm so glad he's got some musical talent in him! Makes his momma proud!
He sang all the songs and knew all them well. At one point when singing Jingle Bells, he was louder then everyone else, but of course singing right on key! Good boy!
I love this kid! I can't believe how fast he is taking off in his learning. It's amazing how fast they can learn in such a short amount of time. I still can't believe we've started this stage in life. Great job Malcolm! We sure are proud of you. You were such a great performer.
They were videotaping the concert the whole time, and it was over, they said a Merry Christmas message to record to go on the local channel. It was so cute. This is all of Malcolm's class, with his classroom teachers on the sides, and his music teacher above. There might me an extra kid or two on the sides as well, that's not a part of his class.

1 comment:

Korbi said...

wow! I missed a whole lot of your posts! crazy! Tell Quinn that I think his candy necklace looks fab on him. I love how your mom likes to mkae the cakes for the family, and the soldier war zone choco cake of Matt's looks delicious! 2 Thanksgivings? I am sooo jealous, I love Thanksgiving food. I still need to call you sometime, I didn't realize you were in school? What are you taking? How far are you? I guess I would know more if I actually went to church huh? Anyways, Happy Holidays!