Saturday, August 7, 2010

White Coat Ceremony

Since it's been a while since I blogged, I've never really had a chance to talk about the school Matt's going to. Matt is attending school at Western University. He's in a dual degree program where he'll get his Masters and his Doctorates. So this year he is working on his Masters of Science in Medical Sciences. It's the first year they've offered this program, and Matt was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to get in last minute, thanks to all the help of so many people on campus. After this year he will then be in the medical school program. They are opening a new campus in Oregon next year, and we are possible going to be moving up there to do med school there. That way Matt can do his rotations, and potentially his residency in the Northwest. So if you want to visit us in SoCal, you might only have a year to do it!

Matt's white coat ceremony was today. The kids were so excited to go and see him get it, for some reason. I was afraid we weren't going to be able to go, since Malcolm was sick the day before, and I'm just waiting for Quinn to get it as well. Matt left before us and went to the convocation ceremony without us. It was at 8:30am and I really didn't want to push my luck with three kids, especially not knowing if they were going to be sick or not. Luckily they all woke up feeling good, after all sleeping in, which I thought was a bad sign. We quickly got ready and were there in the nick of time for the white coat ceremony.

It was so wonderful to hear all the wonderful things the staff had to say of this class. They've already been working hard through the summer, when most programs didn't start until this week. Matt has been doing incredibly well in his classes. He never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge and ability to learn. It comes so natural to him.
I pretty much ruined the pictures of the ceremony. That's what you get when you get there right before it starts and you don't get to really test out the lighting before hand.
I'm so proud of him. He looks so cool in his white coat. It looked even better since I made sure it was all nice and pressed for him! I love ironing!
This is all the students in his class. He's basically the only one looking at me, but they are all paying attention to the pro photog.
I just love this picture, he looks incredibly handsome and so professional.
Matt and the boys. Winston was so loud during the ceremony when Matt was going on stage. He kept calling Matt and wanting him to look at him. I swear everyone could hear us. What can you do with a two year old.
Some nice lady offered to take a picture for us. I'm glad, because I hate asking people to do it, even though I want them. I'm such a proud little wife of my handsome husband. He's worked so hard to get to this point. I'm grateful for his perseverance to meet his goals. I'm thankful that everything led us here to Cali. It has been such an easy transition for me, and I love it here. I really don't know if I'll want to leave!

4 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

Congrats to Matt! Looks like you are adjusting well
To Cali. I had no adjustment issues there either :) your kids are getting so big too!

Marion said...

I'm so proud of you, Matt! I'm almost starting to like you a little! Ha, ha! I couldn't love you more if you were my own son. I'm thankful for this road you're on a the integrity you have. You're a wonderful husband and father and are an example to others around you.

Lou, you're right up there with him. You're a constant support to Matt and you work hard at making this road easier for him. You're a wonderful Mom and homemaker. You truly the heart of your home.

I love you all...I miss you all...it's hard having you so far away but I'm grateful for today's technology that can keep us close and allow us to see those boys! Miss those wild Hardy boys! Love, love, love you! oxoxox

Mandy said...

Way to go, Matt! That's very exciting. Shaila, you are so funny, I think the pictures look great! Miss you guys!!

Melissa said...

Um fun blog! I couldn't help but follow the link to your blog, I loved all the pictures, you guys are such a cute family. I love blogs because they really allow you to get to know people better! You didn't tell me you were a photographer, how perfect for us:) I might just have to ask you to take family pictures of us sometime!