Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thirsty

So I love cold water. I love having a fridge that has the water and ice dispensers, but unfortunately apartment living isn't that high class! You know how you move somewhere new, and the water always tastes weird!?! Well the water here tastes really weird, to the point that I pretty much refuse to drink it. So I buy bottled water and keep them in the fridge. There is nothing more refreshing then pulling one out and drinking it. Plus it's convenient when you are on the go and want to take one with you, and the kids love having one of their own, that I write their name on.

Monday I ran out of my beloved water. I never made it to the store. So Tuesday, I suffered gross water during my work out, because I have to have something to drink during it. The rest of the day, I refused to drink the water. I didn't have anything else to really drink, so by the end of the day, I was dying of thrist! So at about 7:00pm, I pulled out the only cold drink in the house, a mountain dew, and downed it.

This little mountain dew didn't do the trick, I was still thirsty, but it sure put me on overdrive and woke me right up. Matt went to bed about 11:00pm, I played on the internet for an hour, stalking some blogs, looking at clothes I can't afford. Then I started a load of laundry, folded laundry, unpacked the suitcase from the weekend trip, scrubbed my kitchen, shined the sink, swept the floor and lastly mopped it. Matt got up about 1:00am, wondering if I left him (which I was tempted to go to the store for water), and then he woke up at 3:30am wondering what the heck I was still doing up. Well I'm scrubbing the floor of course. What else do you do at that hour. Needless to say, that mountain dew that did not quench my thirst, kept me company until 4:00am when I finally got in bed.

I finally went shopping tonight!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, Shaila, that just sounds PAINFUL! I hope you get some sleep! Can I get some sleep for you?? lol!

Marion said...

NO more Mountain Dew for you! How was the next day? You're funny!

melanie said...

Oh big city water is so gross. We could not drink the water in Vegas, it had floaties! My mom still has to buy water. You'd think they'd fix it somehow, no one drinks it. I thought it was weird when I started drinking water from a tap again.

NO more Dew, you're not immune like Korbi, haha.