Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beach Boys

Matt's summer classes ended last Thursday, so we had him all to ourselves for 6 whole days! It was so nice having him around again. On Friday, we decided to hit the beach. We hadn't been since moving to California. We heard that Corona Del Mar was a nice beach, so we went there. It's about a 45 minute drive from our place, not too bad, but not something we could go do everyday.

It was quite overcast, go figure the weather would be overcast that one day we decide to go. It seemed quite chilly at times, in fact at one point, I wrapped myself in a couple towels. The sun did make an appearance, and I just layed out on my towel and enjoyed the warmth. The water was way too chilly for me that day!

The boys had a blast though. They didn't swim the whole time, they did a lot of digging and rolling in the sand. Luckily we didn't bring the whole beach home.
I forgot a swim diaper for Winston, but I figured oh well. It's sand! Ha! I was going to have him go potty while we were changing, but he was being impatient while I changed. So shortly after changing into his swimsuit, he comes up to me crying and had it running down his legs. Ha! So I walked him into the water and made him get wet. It was so cold, and he was so sad I made him get wet. Matt captured the perfect picture of us walking back from the wash off. (Matt took the next four pics or so.)
He did not like the cold wet swimsuit and just wanted to take it off. I did convince him to keep it on, since we weren't at a nude beach.
Malcolm cringing from the cold water.
Run for your life, the wave is coming. Love Malcolm's expression in the picture, it's totally him!
 
Don't you worry Malcolm, Quinn the green winged lifegaurd will save you. (Lifegauding runs in our family, just ask my Auntie Cara!)
I was just able to kick back and relax and enjoy the sand between my toes. It was great, although I had really wished I would have thought to bring my book!
 Mack attack starting a sand castle.
Quinn doing his own thing. 
There's nothing like some powdered sugar donuts for the day at the beach! Winston sure liked them. I don't know if you could tell. 
Matt helping the boys build a said castle. It was so cute seeing them all play together. 
Even better watching it while sun bathing, or cloud bathing at this point.  
Someday this is where I will live, actually I'll just have my second or third home there! Haha!
One of my favorite things about Cali are the palm trees. They fascinate me and all the different kinds you see. I think I need to do some research on them. 
The finished product of the sandcastle. Winston lives inside it. He thought it was pretty cool stuff. 
This is how you keep a two year old contained at the beach. 
What a great day we had! I wanted to go back and spend another day there before Matt went back to school. Unfortunately, I got very sick before we had a chance to go back.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

How fun!! I LOVE a day at the beach. Those boys are looking so big, especially Winston. I love palm trees too! So happy to have you posting again and get a little update on you guys :) Keep going!

melanie said...

A post, I love it! Lots of great photos. Might as well enjoy your time there since you know it wont be forever. Live it up, take lots of photos. Relax, get a tan, read a book! :) Of course you're still a mom through it all and you'll have throw up days and a short temper but I know you'll have fun. Love and miss you.