Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here Comes Trouble!

Winston is quite the daredevil with a lot of determination. I sometimes wonder if he's going to be our hardest child. He has a temper too and already will throw tantrums or scream if he's not getting what he wants. It's a good thing he is just so dang cute!! It pretty much makes up for it. So this post is all about Winston's doings lately.

As soon as he hears the fridge or dishwasher open, he is right there. He loves unloading the utensils as I'm loading the dishwasher, or trying to climb onto the door. But once I'm done, he's very good at shutting the door. It's cute that he likes to help with it!

The other day Quinn asked if he could have a yogurt, so he gets it out of the fridge. I realize I didn't hear it shut, go to investigate and find Winston in the fridge. He's such a little monkey! He was so proud of himself.
This is his other past time. He loves to get into the pantry and climb up as far as he can and pull everything down. I love it because I have nothing better to do then pick it all back up over and over. I'm so glad he's helping me stay occupied!
This boy is just a climber, ever since he was big enough, he's been climbing up and down on Quinn's bed. He will climb anything he can figure out, upside down laundry baskets, my file boxes and the boys' little chairs when they're set up.

He figured this out the other day. He can't walk, but he can climb the ladder. When he wants to do something, he's going to do it. The ladder is one of those things. Walking, he could care less.

He get so excited when he gets up there. He'll be up there for a few minutes, then wants back down.
Just so he can do it all over again.

The smart little booger. We now have to put the ladder up every day. I'm afraid I'm going to forget one day, and he's going to fall off. :(
Whenever it's time for him to nap or go to bed, I will try to get him to snuggle and sing to him. He usually will lay his head down for a few seconds then just want in his bed, before I've even finished the song. He's been sick the last week and a half with a fever here and there, cold/cough, and his two top teeth are still trying to come down. This particular day when I went to lay him down for his second nap, he really snuggled up to me. I sang to him one lullaby, two lullabies, three lullabies and he was still snuggling. So I just continued to sing, primary songs, then onto some Hilary Weeks. Two of my favorite things, singing and cuddling. I couldn't resist while he gave me the opportunity. He let me sing him to sleep. It was so sweet, I loved it. The other boys were playing a little Wii, so after I was sure he was really asleep, I had Malcolm grab my camera and take a few pictures. He thought he was hot stuff! This is the reason why I love being a mom!

9 comments:

Trista said...

What a little stinker!! But oh my, what a beautiful last photo! Brings tears to my eyes b/c Sam is the same way--both in terrorizing and snuggling.

The Gang said...

Funny kid. You guys have the same bunkbeds as us. Actually, I think I knew that. That darn ugly sticker on it. Tell Malcolm good job on the picture!!

Campbells said...

Malcolm is quite the little photographer! Love this post, reminds me of Jack so much! Jack is always in the fridge and climbing up into it, he also loves to climb on top of the dishwasher door too! Thankfully we do not have bunk beds because if we did, he would do the same thing. He does not care about walking either, I will stand him up to walk and he will smile real cute of course and when I try to get him to take a step, he just drops to his knees and crawls! that is fine by me, walking would make him harder! Its hard enough to keep him out of things. I try to get Jack to snuggle me too before laying him in bed, sometimes he will do it for awhile other times its for like 1 second. Well you gotta take it when you can

Kelley Gubler said...

i'm a little jealous you can sing your kids to sleep and sound good doing it. i think it would give my kids nightmares if i tried to sing to them. so we just read books.

melanie said...

What the heck!! I cannot believe what a climber he is. So fearless, it's crazy! I love the naughty photos of him in the fridge and pantry. He is one adorable boy!!

Love the last one with you and sweet baby boy. I wish I had one like that with every baby!!

So glad to see you post. I miss you.

melanie said...

One more thing.... Winston if you don't stop climbing and exercising, you'll never gain weight. That's a lot of work for a little boy!

(I just had to come back to this post because I love all the photos, they are so dang cute!)

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, I love that last shot! I am so impressed with Malcolm's skills. It must be in the blood or something. Did you do lots of doctoring in photoshop??? I think one of the best feelings ever is when your kids fall asleep in your arms. It is soooo sweet. What a precious picture.

Shaila Lou said...

Nope, I just cropped and made it black and white, with a little sepia overlay! It's so good because Malcolm took it, and the sleeping baby is adorable!

Harper Family said...

Stinker! Ha ha...I couldn't help laugh looking at those pictures of him being adventurous. He is so cute. I love that last photo...too sweet!