We started our Valentine's Day celebrating early by making some sugar cookies a couple days before. Or I should say, I started the celebrating early. I made the cookies one night after the boys went to bed, then frosted them the next day. The only thing the boys did to help, was decorate their own cookies. I ate probably close to a dozen all by myself. I love to bake/cook, but I love to eat it way too much! That's why I like to bake and share.
Friday the boys received two packages in the mail, one from Grandma Hardy and one from GraMimi. They were pretty excited and wanted to open them themselves, with butter knives of course. Malcolm is scared of anything sharper since his pocket knife incident!
The boys were poking the tape with the knife and it was making a popping noise. Winston thought it was hilarious and laughed over and over.
A fun game of Book of Mormon checkers and tic tac toe. Thanks Grandma Hardy. Malcolm is enjoying playing with it, and tell me how you already taught him how to play.

Next up is the box from GraMimi.
Winston cracking up over the popping noise and trying to get to the candy.
Sweet Speed Racer cars, thanks GraMimi!!
Matt then started stepping on the bubble wrap and the boys joined in, but Matt took off when I got the camera out. I guess he's embarrassed he still loves bubble wrap. But who doesn't!?!
When we got back from Spokane Valentine's day, Matt ran to the store to get some milk. He came back with some flowers and a card for me! He's so good to me and wrote such sweet things to me. I was very impressed, this being like the 6th time he's brought me home flowers, and he actually not only signed the card, but wrote in it! Ha! He's always doing way too much for me, like saving up money just to buy me an awesome gift, or bring me home chocolate from the store, just because! He's great, but I just had to point out to him, it's like less the 10 times he's ever gotten me flowers! Hehe! Thank you Matthew, I love you! You are the best husband and I made the best choice marrying you!
I couldn't resist taking some pictures of the flowers. I don't have a macro lens, so I had to do with what I have. I have always loved flower pictures, but I never like the way they look. I think I like these the best ever. They make me think of spring and that's why I like them so much!

I took Winston into the walk-in yesterday. He's been sick the last week and a half, with a cold/cough and a fever here and there. The last few nights though, he's been sleeping terrible, so I thought I better get him checked out. Sure enough he has double ear infection. He's on his third round of antibiotics since the first of the year for ear infections. I blame them on his four top teeth coming in. Two have broke through, and the top two middle teeth are really close too. Poor baby! He's probably had the most ear infections of any of my kids, and is the worst teether!He loves one cupboard in the kitchen and is constantly in it all day. It kinda drives me nuts, but it keeps him entertained, where toys don't! Ugh! Why is that? He always pulls out my four red bowls, and the plastic pitcher. Recently Quinn taught him how to put them on his head. He thinks it's so funny to do. This boy is such a joy in our house!
3 comments:
I miss your baking for sure! Da and I made spudnuts a couple of weeks ago since the likelyhood of you making us some is slim, and we love those! They did not turn out as good as your though! Have you considered getting tubes in his ears? That seems like a lot of ear infections in a short time, poor baby
Looks like a fun Valentine's. I really liked the flower pictures...I thought they turned out great!
Gotta love the bowl on the head!!
Oh sugar cookie, I love you but can't stand to make you! They look good Lou. What recipe is your favorite? I'm glad the boys loved their packages. Winston is a doll and I want to see him more.
I LOVE the flower photos. I want to steal them, blow them up, frame them and hang them on my wall to help me 'THINK SPRING!'. You did a great job. Way to go on being sweet Matt.
Post a Comment