Monday, February 9, 2009

Surprise Visitors

Friday morning I got a call from Merle. He was wondering if they could come down and visit us. I was happy that I had kept up with housework all week, and had just vacuumed the floors Thursday. I asked the boys if they wanted Grandma and Paka Hardy to visit and of course they said yes, but it didn't sink in. So when I happened to see them pulling up, I told the boys to come look out the window. They saw them and just ran out the door, no shoes on. I was extra surprised when Jeff came in as well. How sweet that he wanted to see his nephews!

Since it was just Winston's birthday, Grandma came bearing gifts for him. Matt had given him a candy cane, so he was extra happy about that.
Winston got some fun books and cute new jammies. It's funny how I've had two previous boys and I pull out a box of the next size of clothes, and it's lacking. He was really lacking on pj's and most of the clothes are summer, since the other boys are summer babies. Thank you Grandma and Paka for the present!!
Matt came home early from work and we all went and had some Cougar Country for lunch. Two times in one week, and we didn't care! I love when we get to go out to eat, since we rarely do. After lunch, Cynthia, Quinn, Winston and I ran over to Walmart so Cynthia could get Madagascar 2. We love that movie! Thanks Cynthia! Malcolm stayed at home with the big boys so he could play Wii. He loved playing it with everyone, and we spent the rest of the afternoon playing.
Quinnie really wanted to go to the store with Cynthia and I, because he had some money left over from buying his ice cream cone at lunch, and it was burning a hole in his pocket. He bought him and Malcolm, with the help from mom, a push up sucker. Don't you love Jeff in the background!?!
Malcolm and Quinn wanted to take turns playing Wii with everyone. Grandma was very good at a target shooting game we have! Way better then I am, I'm sure! Winston LOVES his Paka! He is always wanting him to hold him and trying to get his attention. It's so sweet, and Paka can't get enough of him!
I always love it when Matt changes Winston's diaper and leaves his pants off. I never quite understand what's so hard about putting them back on. But he was looking dang cute in his hoodie and no pants. He thought Uncle Jeff's foot was pretty entertaining.
Thanks for the visit!! It was so fun having Grandma, Paka and Jeff visit for the afternoon. It wasn't nearly long enough, and I was sad to see them go so soon. Come back soon!! We love you!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love when family comes to visit! I don't know why, but I am like Matt and often don't put my kids' diaper back on after I change it. You can always find my kids running around without pants on! (Well, not Georgey anymore, but when he was a baby!!!)

Mandy said...

Oh! Haha! I meant that I don't put my kids' "PANTS" back on, not their "diaper". Ha! I think I would remember the diaper. I'm not so bright.

Liz said...

Winston is looking cuter everyday! What a doll.