Monday, February 2, 2009

One Year Old

Today my baby is one!! ONE! I really can't believe it's been a year. It makes me teary eyed thinking that this year has gone by so fast, and I really don't know where all the time has gone. If you really know me, then you know I LOVE newborns. I don't like the no sleep and being tired all the time, or the hormones out of whack, but I LOVE newborns. They are just so sweet. I love all the other stages too, like the first smiles, the first discovery of their hands, the sleeping through the night, the mama's and dada's, the first time they roll over. It's all great, I just can't get enough of a newborn! So I hate that Winston is already on his way to becoming a toddler. He still looks like a baby to me though. He's such a little guy!

I thought I would take a trip down memory lane and post pictures of him throughout his first year. He's changed so much, especially his dark hair, is now light. Ahh! After seeing all these newborn pics though, I think I need a newborn fix, I'm not ready to have another one YET!


2 Minutes old
1 Day3 Days
1 Week
2 Weeks
3 Weeks
1 Month

2 Months
2 1/2 Months, before 1st haircut
3 Months, after 1st haircut
4 Months
5 Months
6 Months
7 Months8 Months
9 Months
10 Months
11 Months

1 Year Old


These last three I actually took last week, when there was actually sunshine. I had to take advantage of it, since you never know when it will come out again. He was not wanting to cooperate. I was trying to give him toys, sweet talking. Nothing was working, he just kept crawling away, getting mad at me. I finally got a chair out, hoping he would stay still on it. He still wouldn't look at me. So finally I just stood him next to the chair and showed him how fun it was to bang on it. I only got a few pictures of him cooperating. His naked bum shots, I was wanting to do those several months ago, but when I was in the mood, he had a really bad diaper rash that wouldn't have looked good. After seeing my friend Trista's blog with pics of her son's bum shot and how cute it was, I knew I had to try. I knew he wouldn't sit still and I tried giving him a toy. Luckily it worked for about 2.2 seconds, just enough time for me to snap one. Man I love this sweet boy! I will do another post on his birthday and his one year stats soon. Now I'm off to cry, and to pray that he won't grow anymore!

6 comments:

Campbells said...

Cute! So sad...already one! Jack is just around the corner and it really makes me feel all sick inside that he is that big! NO! I want a little baby still. Guess its time for number 4 pretty soon huh? :)

Kelley Gubler said...

love the bum shots! that is so cute. the newborn stage is my favorite too and seeing those pics made me seriously baby hungry...

Trista said...

Awwww....it really is sad. I was always in a hurry for Brooklyn to grow up (oftentimes still am, sadly), but wish Sam would just STOP! Maybe it's a boy thing.

Wuv the little bum shots!!! And yeah, it doesn't get any easier taking photos of them until they can reason...or at least be bribed. :)

Keep meaning to email you back...haven't forgotten!

melanie said...

Happy Birthday Winston!! I hope you move close to Reed and Grayson some day, I can't wait to watch the 3 of you leave a trail of destruction! Love your cute self.

Such a perfect post Lou! The bum shots are to die for. Next time we have some sun, I want to take some of Reed. They are so dang cute. And such classic blackmail down the road, huh?

I'm sad that all these babies are big now too. Time truly does fly!

melanie said...

I forgot to say I LOVE, LOVE the black and white 5 months photo. Those eyes!!

Carolyn said...

Groundhog day birthdays are the best! Happy birthday to Winston!