Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fun Times Sewing

I've been feeling a little productive, so yesterday I pulled out my sewing machine and finally did some mending that has been needing to be done. I have been putting it off. I don't know why...seemed like a bigger job then it really is. I love sewing though...even if I don't do it very often. I also love crocheting around hemstitched baby blankets. The last few weeks I've been doing some blankets for friends who are having babies. I had one blanket and burp cloth that Mom let me have that was already hemstitched...but I wanted to make more. Since hemstitched blankets are so expensive, (and I'm so poor!), I decided to try it with just zig-zagging around fabric. It actually turned out cute still. It's a lot more work, and takes more time...but I love it. It's fun to do. I made the girly one on my own. The boyish one is hemstitched. Then (obviously) I crocheted around them. I love figuring out what pattern to do. They both look so cute, and it is so much fun!

No comments: