The last week of March our very good friends from our time in Pullman came for a visit, the Poteets! We had so much fun having them here and the boys loved being all back together again. The days went by way too fast and it didn't seem that we had enough time to all that we wished we could. The last two days they were here, we went to Disneyland, and the boys had so much fun riding the rides together. It was also nice to be able to switch as adults so that we could ride more of the rides the little kids can't go on. Unfortunately I wasn't very good at taking pictures of us enjoying ourselves there. I mostly just got picture of Fantasmic, which wasn't anything exciting to share here. I'm also so disappointed that we didn't get a group shot of our families together. I had good intentions of doing so, but it never happened. I've decided that if you want certain pictures of a trip/vacation/get together, you have to do it at the very beginning when everyone is happy and willing, instead of trying in the end when everyone is tired and not willing, or you just plain forget.
We were able to hit the Laguna Beach one of the first days they were here. I took way too many pictures, and I swear most of them are of Gibson, the youngest of the Poteet's. Babies are just so cute all the time and so much fun to take pictures of. As I was going through the pictures, I ended up liking way too many pictures, and couldn't narrow them down, so be prepared for lots of pictures.
This is little Gibson, 9 months old and a champion stander. He doesn't try walking or anything, just stands himself up from sitting and enjoys himself. It's so funny and cute. He loved the sand.It was not a very warm day, but the kids didn't care and still wore their swimsuits and enjoyed themselves. There was lots of digging and enjoying the sand.
These three enjoy eachother so much. Malcolm and Georgey are the best of friends, and Quinn has just always tagged along, and of course, sometimes feels left out of their fun.
Some other cute pictures of sweet Gibson!
They totally braved that cold water and waves.
From the moment we got there, we got to enjoy the company of these dolphins. There were three and four that just went back and forth right in front of us. They were so close. It was so fun and they were also having a great time playing near the people.
Grayam and Winston enjoying some sand digging themselves.
Some of our crew. Winston, Quinn, Matt, Mandy, Gibson and George
Quinnie being cute drawing with his stick in the sand.Cute brothers enjoying the view together, then Winston having enough and running for it.
See how close those dolphins are to us. The boys were pretty much oblivious to them most of the time. Ha!
Grayam all dressed up for the beach in his tie shirt.
Boys being boys enjoying sword fighting with random found sticks.
Just love the background of this pic and the sites of Laguna Beach.George decided to introduce Gibson to the ocean. We expected a crying reaction and instead got basically no reaction at all. He just stood there and took the cold water in silence.
Then when it was all over, it's like he realized what happen, or the fact that he was back with mom and felt like he would tell her all about the trauma his dad put him through. He was so funny crying, then he noticed me.
So then he had to give me some smiles for the camera. He really liked my camera and liked grabbing for it.
There was some lifeguard training or maybe some "tryouts" and we decided to camp out right next to them. What better spot to be with a bunch of kids, as if any emergency arises, there was plenty there to rescue them. :)
Look how close that dolphin is to the lifeguards out there. I wish I would have gotten a good picture of all the dolphins together. It was so fun.Just sortof liked these pictures of the lifeguards all lined up waiting to make another run for the water. Maybe if I had a full bodysuit, I'd be willing to get in the ocean too.
Gibson all dressed and warmed back up and ready to smile at me some more. He's a sweetie!
My hottie of a husband that I love dearly! :)
Grayam, Mandy and Gibson enjoying the ocean view.
I got caught! I love my friend Mandy. We love the Poteet's. It's so nice to be great friends with someone that you can go so long without talking much or seeing each other and get back together and it feel like old times. Those are true friends.
I realized I have some pictures from my phone from our time at Disneyland, so I thought why not post them too.
Winston and I enjoying a ride alone together in Heimlich's Chew Chew Train in a bug's land at disneyland adventure park.
Mandy, Malcolm and I went on the tower of terror together. Mandy was holding on for dear life and closing her eyes. It was so funny I had to take a picture of our picture.
Thanks for the fun times and great memories Poteet's! Glad you were able to come and hang out with us. It was great fun having 10 people in our tiny two bedroom apartment!
I realized I have some pictures from my phone from our time at Disneyland, so I thought why not post them too.
Mandy and I waiting to ride the Matterhorn.
Winston likes to steal my ring and wear it.
Winston at the petting zoo in Disneyland and he's actually petting the goat, while eying the one on the barrel suspiciously!Winston and I enjoying a ride alone together in Heimlich's Chew Chew Train in a bug's land at disneyland adventure park.
Mandy, Malcolm and I went on the tower of terror together. Mandy was holding on for dear life and closing her eyes. It was so funny I had to take a picture of our picture.
Thanks for the fun times and great memories Poteet's! Glad you were able to come and hang out with us. It was great fun having 10 people in our tiny two bedroom apartment!





























1 comment:
I love this post! I love all of the pictures and we LOVED our visit with you guys!! We didn't get enough, felt like turning around and coming right back as soon as we got home. We are all glad we came, and even feel the four days of driving were worth it :) You know a friend is a true friend when you can go a long time without seeing them and pick up right where you left off - yay for BFFs!!!!!!
Post a Comment