In March my Aunt Cara's family came down to Palm Springs for my cousin Colby's basketball tournament. I was so glad they came down so we could meet up. We'd never been to Palm Springs and it was only an hour and a half away, so I was all for that length of travel, unlike the 6 hours it takes to visit them at their home.
Colby and Taylor are growing up and are pretty much too cool to hang out with anybody but their friends. So our family and Cara and Ryan went out for lunch on the town. We went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant with a live band playing. It was quite a noisy lunch but such a great atmosphere, as we sat in an outdoor part. I was so mad I left my camera in the car. We did get quite the show as some dancing broke out. There were a couple cute old couples showing their dance moves, but the real show was when some older women getting a little too wild (and I'm sure had a little alcohol) decided to take off their shirts and switch them, and then do it again and switch them back. Wow! Sure glad the boys had taken in their DS's and were busy playing and not watching the show. Haha!
Palm Springs was beautiful, though a lot more dry then I would have imagined. It was a wonderfully warm day, and so before the games started we let the boys swim for a little bit. (After going to Target and purchasing swimsuits for them.)
The cute stinker!
Couldn't go to a place called Palm Springs without taking a picture of palm trees, so why not a silhouette picture of them.At the first game, Quinn made a fast friend, since he had an iPod to play.
My cute cousin Colby, looking at me! Ha! Little did he know the paparazzi was there for him.
I'm pretty sure Taylor had no idea I was snapping pictures of him. Don't I have cute cousins!
The first game didn't go to well, and I'm glad we were able to go to the next game, though it meant a late night. Winston, not having a nap, fell asleep on the way to the next game. Poor tired boy!
My hottie Aunt Cara, being a typical Chlarson and trying to avoid my pictures. I think she caught me, and she might kill me.
Colby, #21, warming up for the second game.
This game went so much better and they won. It was a fun game, close the whole way and it's exciting to watch. The boys loved watching it as well since it was so exciting.
Colby went up for a shot....
...and totally got fouled. The refs totally didn't call it either, and I totally had the proof, though they were too prideful to admit their fault and take a look at my evidence. :)
During a time out the boys enjoyed punching each other. Oh boys!
And see that little sneaky look on Winston's face.
He decided he wanted to test the waters of the basketball court. This wasn't far enough on the court though.
He had to go all the way to the other side and fly back. I made Matt retrieve him, I was not his mother at this point.
Quinn has mastered the art of bubble blowing. He's very proud of himself.
On the way out from the game, I saw the moon above the palm tree and it looked so pretty. It was late, I had my arms full, and I was just trying to get the kids in the car. So my setting were all wrong, my ISO up way too much, and it's really noisy, but I still love it!
It was so much fun to see Cara, Ryan and the boys. I love them so much and don't get to see them nearly enough. I wish we were closer then 6 hours from them, but it's probably good, or else I'd want to bug them all the time with visits. I love Cara and have so many great memories growing up and playing with her, spending the night at Grammie's and loving looking through Cara's room and her perfectly organized closet and drawers. I miss those carefree days and being able to see her more. Sometimes I hate growing up!
Thanks for the great day Cara and Ryan and for everything you did for us. We love you lots! Come to Disneyland and hang out with us!

















No comments:
Post a Comment