The day before Mandy came into town, my friend Melissa called me and asked me if we'd want to go to Dancing With The Stars with her. She'd gotten 4 tickets and wanted both Mandy and I to go, along with our other friend Shayla. (Yes I have a friend Shayla! She moved into the ward right after me and people were forever getting us confused.) We were all so excited to go. We got babysitters for the kids, well Mandy and I had our husbands on kid duty, and we went for a glamorous night of fun. We had to be there by a certain time, and with traffic, we made it by the skin of our teeth, and I mean, we took our heels off and ran! Ha! We were officially the last in line for the night, though they were taking others in after us. We had to stand in this line for almost two hours. Here we are waiting in line all glammed out, though you can't tell with my self portrait of us.
Melissa, Shayla, Mandy and Me (Shaila) picture courtesy of my iPhone
We couldn't believe how many people were in line before us, and we started getting worried that we wouldn't make it in. They don't start filing everyone in until like right before it starts. Well in the end, we didn't get to go. Apparently they had a van full of VIP's show up last minute. We were soooo disappointed. The only upside was since we didn't get in, Melissa could get priority tickets for another showing which guaranteed a seat. I just felt so bad that Mandy wouldn't have another chance and that it had taken a day away from their vacation. We did have some fun girl time though and went to Cheesecake Factory their in Hollywood, which was fabulous!
Melissa was able to get her priority tickets, and it ended up being on a day that Shayla couldn't go either. We were so sad she couldn't go with us. Melissa asked one of the YW in our ward, Brooke, and her mom to go instead.
Brooke, Vicky, Melissa and me
It was such a fabulous night. There were so many VIP's again that we had to sit up in the balcony, which was a little disappointing, since we of course were hoping to get on camera, but they probably were better seats to see the action. I wore my voice out from yelling so much and gave myself a headache. It was fun to see live, although you can't here the hosts really at all. The stage set was way smaller then I'd imagined, as the wide angle cameras must make it look a lot bigger. I'm glad I had this once in a lifetime opportunity while I lived here. It was so fun! I also yelled at my favorite dancer, Maks, and told him I loved him! Ha! I don't really love him, but I didn't know what else to say to get his attention so I could wave to him. I just think he's very attractive and an incredible dancer. Thank you Melissa for inviting me to go with you!
(Wish we could have gotten more pictures, but they don't allow cameras or phones onto the set! )


No comments:
Post a Comment