Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quinn's Mishap

Quinn was having a few nights last week where he'd wake up and not be able to sleep because he was so scared of an earthquake. He'd wake me up several times because he was scared. The night before Mother's day, or Mother's day however you look at it, he'd woken up, and then shortly after Winston woke up. I went to put Winston back in bed, and find Quinn still awake in bed, and noticed an extra night light on the other side of the room. I discovered it was the plug in Scentsy from the bathroom, that had been on in the bathroom. Therefore I knew there was wax everywhere. I was so mad at that sweet little boy. I was glad he didn't get any on him, but I was tired and mad. So the next morning I went in to assess the damage. 
That little stinker! Thank goodness for a hair dryer and paper towels. He got a little on the carpet in his room too, but thankfully heating wax with a hair dryer makes it easy to come out. I wasn't so mad either the next morning. Though it was Mother's Day and how could I be mad on that day. I even waited to clean it up until Monday. Haha! Oh and notice on the wall of wax there is a black speck. That's a dead bug that must have been hanging out in the wax. Nice.
When I showed this to Quinn, he insisted that he hadn't done it. Apparently he hadn't known that little night light actually had melted wax in it. I love you little stinker Quinn!

3 comments:

Brianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brianne said...

You didn't tell me about that! I had to clean up wax last week because Jayni crawled up on the kitchen counter and knocked the top of the warmer off. I was in the shower and she told me Mason broke the warmer. When I asked Mason why he climbed up on the counter he said very calmly that it was Jayni. Funny kids!

Mandy said...

A hair dryer. Genius. I always just try to scrape it and it doesn't work very well. You are such a better cleaner than me, I need to just shadow you and learn all your tricks :) I would have been so mad, creating any more work for a tired mommy in the middle of the night is a capital offense in my house!!