Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day

I had such a fabulous Mother's Day, probably my best one yet for some reason. (Actually probably because I  didn't lift a finger all day!) Even though ALL the boys woke me up at some point during the night, it was a great day. We have 9am church on Sundays and I don't usually eat breakfast since I'm trying to get myself ready and everyone else and be on time. Matt made me my most favorite breakfast, chocolate chip waffle with buttercream syrup and whipped cream...in the shape of a heart. Ah, so sweet! I didn't get it in bed, as I was up early, but he did bring it to me while I was getting ready.
Matt then had the boys make me cards while I was getting ready and when I came out, they made me open all my presents and cards before church. (photo courtesy of iPhone)

Malcolm made me this card over a month ago, and has been hiding it in his room. It is so cute. I love how he made it into a butterfly and even made a separate head and antennas.
Ah, I'm a great mom because he loves me. I'm glad it's so simple. :)
 Winston's handy work card with a Lightening McQueen sticker. 
 Quinn's front of the card. I love how he doesn't get yet that you start a new word on a new line.
 The inside of Quinn's card. I'm very impressed by the hearts. Those aren't easy to make. 
Malcolm also made me something at school. This is the bag he gave it to me in. I just thought it was so cute.
The other side of the bag. His flowers are impressive. I like how he had to draw the roots. Haha! They've been learning about plants at school.
 The front of the card from school.
The inside of the card. I love his picture of me and that he thinks I'm so old, and weigh so very little. He's spot on, on the height, that was impressive. So cute.
He made this adorable wall hanging that I just love. For some reason it is just so precious to me and I will cherish it always. I hung it right above my nightstand.
He was very happy with the heart and made sure to point out to me the designs he made on it. It's adorable.

I was then showered with too many other gifts. A new shirt and a pair of shorts, and a new rice cooker. I haven't had a rice cooker in years and I've been dying to have one they sell at Costco. I was so happy for that rice cooker. You know you're old and a mom when kitchen appliances thrill you!
I actually remembered to have Matt take a picture of me with all the boys that have made me a mother. I would have liked to have done it before church when we're all a little more presentable, but I didn't want to be late. I took what I could get, and this was wonderful, although not the greatest picture.

The rest of the day was fabulous. I took a much needed nap with Winston. I don't like sleeping with him at night, but I love taking a nap with him. Matt did all the cooking and cleaning up and I just lounged around being the queen for the day. :) He made some yummy bbq chicken and rice for dinner. Usually I'll still be the productive mom on these days, but this year I decided why not take advantage of the day. I'm glad I did!

(I'm so glad I can scan all the cards and artwork so I can have them for always!)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sooo precious. It sounds like such a wonderful day - do you think there is any way to make it a Sunday tradition???!

You are such a good mom, your boys are lucky to have you!!