A while ago we started a Thursday night girls jacuzzi night. It's been fabulous to get together, kid-free to talk and relax. I don't know why we didn't start it sooner then we did. One week, the girls surprised me early and we went and got some Yogurtland to celebrate my half-birthday, since Melissa has always felt bad we didn't celebrate my real birthday. Funny girl! It was fun to eat frozen yogurt and jacuzzi.
Since I'm moving soon, and Melissa was taking off back home to Arizona for a month before I left, we had one last girls night together. We went and got Yogurtland again, and then did the jacuzzi. I took my camera, and of course we didn't take pictures while we were all dry and still cute, so Melissa called Craig (her husband) down to get some pictures of us in the jacuzzi. Pretty brave of us, I know! We added one extra person to our group that night, Chelsea, who was there staying with Melissa (Chelsea's husband was friends with Melissa's husband growing up) for a few days finding a place to live, as her husband will be starting dental school. She's a nice girl, and I'm sad I won't have the chance to get to know her.
(Have I ever mentioned before that I have a friend Shayla, isn't that fun! Her family moved in like the week after us and everyone was so confused, especially since they're last name is Matthews. Everyone had us confused and our husbands confused. In fact, just a few months ago, after Shayla's husband Todd talked in church, someone came up to Matt and told him how good his talk was. Matt was all confused until he realized he was talking about Todd. Ha! Sorry about the tangent, just had to blog it!)
We thought we would try and take a "fun" picture too. Haha, at least it was fun taking it!
Just had to post this as I love Melissa's cute face in it! I miss her already!
I'm so sad, that I'm leaving these great friends behind, they have been my So Cal family, and I'm going to miss them so much. I'm sad that I've only had a year to enjoy hanging with them, which has actually been less then that, since it takes time to foster friendships. I hope that I can find some new friends that make me feel just as loved in our new home. I love you girls and I miss you already!



3 comments:
Looks like great fun! I'm so glad that you made such great friends! And it was so neat that I got to meet a few of them. Melissa and Shayla were super fun. I'm sure you will make excellent friends in your new home too - everyone loves you!!
This was such a fun night! I agree, we should have started this MUCH sooner! But at least we've had a few weeks of jacuzzi night. It definitely won't be the same without you Shaila!! :( but how neat you get to start a new adventure in a new place, you'll make friends quickly because you're a lovable person!
Oh I just had to shed a few tears of my own after seeing this! I LOVE all these girls and I HATE my face in that last one:) ha Thanks Shaila for taking at least one pic of all of us together out of this entire last year! ha I love you so much, I don't know what I am going to do without you and your fun & adorable fam around. I will have no one to bug;) Everyone will love you when you move, just share your rolls and you will be the instant favorite!
Post a Comment