A while later, as Winston is walking in front of us between the pews, he trips and smacks his head, his right eyebrow to be exact, right into the part that holds the hymnbooks. Knowing it would cause a scream, Matt picked him up to take him out, and then I saw the blood dripping, so I just followed right after him with my purse. Luckily we are in the same ward as Matt's parents and sit with them each week, so we just left all our stuff and boys with them.
Winston was not happy to have Matt holding pressure to his eye. He screamed, until Matt took the paper towel away. It didn't bleed heavy for too long, and before we even got to the walk-in clinic, it didn't need the pressure anymore. It would just leak a little bit and need to be wiped every once in a while.
These first two pictures are ones I took with my phone at the walk-in. See how happy he was despite the bleeding eye. Such a boy!
Winston and Matt looked like they had been in a battle together with all the blood on them. I somehow got a couple spots on my collar, although, I didn't even hold him while he was bleeding hard. It was a funny sight to see us all dressed up for church, with blood all over us. Luckily I got all the blood out of our clothes!
So they didn't want to glue it, since it was so close to his eye, and they didn't want to traumatize him doing stitches. So they just used sterile strips to hold it together. It wasn't that deep, so it worked well. The next few days, a really good black eye started showing up. Isn't he a cute injured boy!
The next few days, a really good black eye started showing up. Isn't he a cute injured boy!
I just had to add this picture of the tantrum he started throwing, I don't even know what he was mad about, but he can get mad!
Coming out of the tantrum, realizing mom won't give into him.
The bruise got even deeper in color the next day. Such a cute black eye.
The sterile strips didn't even last a week. It looks really good though, I don't think it will be that bad of a scar. His eye started getting the gross yellow color to it. In this picture he is mad at me, because he found my camera and I took it away. So he's throwing a fit over it!
So this made quite and exciting day at church. Winston really knew how to get out of going, or maybe I really learned not to say I wanted to go home and sleep. As exciting as this was to happen at church, it doesn't top what Quinn did at Stake Conference one year. And compared to Quinn's and Malcolm's traumas, this was mild in comparison!
1 comment:
Crash #2! His eye was so sad looking but it's healed up so good. Wonder what it'll be next with that boy because it will be something.
Post a Comment