Friday, October 23, 2009

Seattle Fun

This last weekend my cousin Collin got married in the Seattle Temple. (Congrats Collin and Stacey!) I really wanted to go and contemplated whether we should or not, so I decided I just didn't want to miss it. I really wanted to see Collin, since I haven't seen him in over a year. He was having his reception in the Space Needle, so I was stoked to be able to go and do that.

We drove over the morning of the wedding, so we couldn't make it to the Temple, so we just went to the Space Needle. It was a pretty rainy day, but it would let up for a while too. Luckily when we got there it wasn't raining at the moment.

It was so great seeing Collin. He looked amazing and you could just see how happy he was. Him and Stacey make such a great couple. I don't know why I didn't make them pose for me so I could get a picture of them, but they were busy being the center of attention already. I also really wish I would have gotten a picture of Collin's man cake. It was of hamburger and fries, and looked just like one! It was hilarious. Such a Collin thing!

What was cool, is the reception was in the banquet room which is basically just over the visitor center part of the Space Needle. We got free tickets to go to the top of the Space Needle since we were there for a special event, which was very cool.

If you wondering if I took a cool picture of the Space Needle from the outside, the answer is no. I just didn't want to take the time with the kids, the weather, and all the traffic around it. Now I'm mad I didn't. I did manage to take some fun ones from the top though.

This one is actually a view from the banquet room
As well as this one. I love the view of the clouds and ocean, and all the fall colors.
Then we went to the top, and I took more pictures. That body of water is Lake Union.
Love the ocean view, with the big boats, ships, barges, whatever you want to call them.
We attempted a family picture, with Mel's help, that didn't get all the kids looking as usual.
At least I can get a decent picture with my husband. He's looking sharp all dressed up!
Malcolm attempting to look at the view, although he can't really get quite high enough to see out of it.
Uncle Alan with Kristen spying on us. Although it got more of the reflection outside, I thought this picture looked really cool.
Another picture of Lake Union, it just looked so cool!
Mom was having a bit of vertigo at the top. She's hanging on for dear life!
Matt's throwing out the peace signs like he's back in the Marshall Islands again. Looks like Winston is trying to escape from Pop.
Quinn is being the cute, goofy kid that he is.
This little one is adorable. I can't believe he's growing up. He was so very tired, and very grumpy, without his nap.
It was so windy up there, we didn't even go all the way around it was so bad. The wind kept catching Kristen's skirt. It was really cute, I wish I would have caught the picture before she started pushing it back down.
I love these two. Uncle Alan is the nicest guy ever! I used to babysit my cousin Kristen when she was a baby back in the day while Matt and I were dating. She's adorable.
When we were back down in the banquet room and about to leave, my cousin Annelise told me to get a picture of the awesome rainbow. I guess it was really intense and made a whole rainbow, but I barely got any of it. See if you can make it out.
This little guy was asleep in no time. Poor baby, it's hard missing your nap. His eye is still pretty bruised here.
Quinn didn't last long either.
We were able to stay the night in Redmond and visit with my Grandma Bette (Pop's mom), and also with Andy (Pop's bro), Amber and their kids, Tate and Ayden. We had fun going out to eat at Olive Garden and an awesome Thai food restaurant. Our kids had lots of fun playing together.

On the way home Sunday, I wanted to stop at the Snoqualmie Falls so that the kids could see them. Mom and Pop came along with us, well actually they had two of the three kids, so maybe they really didn't have a choice.

Love these pictures, it's just so pretty with the great big water fall, and all the fall colors.




There were a ton of people there, probably since it was such a nice, fairly warm day. We couldn't get a group shot of us in front of the falls, so I attempted one here, but I didn't have much cooperation.
We had to check out the gift shop of course, and the kids had to play with all the toys. Malcolm requested this picture.
Quinn the moose, swinging a snake. He thinks everything is a rope and he can swing it around.
Malcolm also requested this picture, of the lizard on his face.
Winston and Matt are so cute. I love the glasses Matt's sporting.
Pop and Winston, but Winston decided he was done with the hat.
Love the red trees, and these cute boys.
I had to get pictures of these pretty fall colors. Love fall colors, but I hate that it means winter is on it's way.


3 comments:

Amber said...

So glad we got to see you guys. I love the fall pictures and the one of Matt and Winston is great!

Heidi said...

Such pretty pictures of the falls and the other tree pictures. Love the colors. I'm sad b/c the pretty trees in front of our house have already lost their leaves! Winter...oh no!

Poor Winston and his eye! I'm glad it didn't need stitches and it healed up fine. Man, what a crazy Sunday for you guys.

melanie said...

Ah, seeing the Salish Lodge sign makes me want to stay there again. Someday, someday. And now I want to stay there in the fall. Gorgeous colors!!