Friday, July 24, 2009

Wish We All Could Be California Girls

My cousin Taylor came up to Washington to visit and my Mom offered to drive him back home. I was fortunate enough to be able to go with her, no kids. Although my Mom brought along my nephew Nathan, but he was a pretty good boy, and I wasn't fully responsible for him. We had a fun trip and a lot of laughing. We listened to Michael Jackson nearly the whole time, and the first few hours that's all we talked about. Haha! I've always been a huge fan of Michael Jackson, he was incredibly talented.

It was a long drive 14 or 15 hours. I'm glad I went with my mom, so we could take turns driving. I don't know how she thought she could have done it by herself. It was so fun seeing my Aunt Cara and her family. She has such a sweet family and her boys are so cute and such great kids. I had fun teasing them and getting to know them better.

I had never been to In-N-Out Burger and we ate there twice while we were there, since it's just down the road from Cara's. I liked it, there is nothing like a good burger and fries!

Here's Nathan being Nathan. He wanted me to take a picture of him after he put all these stickers on himself.
What I ordered. Burger and fries, both animal style. Yummy!! Yes, I ate it all!
We went to the pool twice while there. Cara has one in her subdivision, and the California sun liked me. I haven't exposed my upper legs or shoulder, and I got the worst burn I've had in years. The first time I've peeled in years.
I'm not sure what this game was they were playing, but apparently it was fun, since it lasted for a while.
I think Taylor must be doing sit ups or something.
Whatever he was doing, Nathan deemed cool enough to do himself.
This picture of Nathan is so funny. He was a goofy boy the whole time we were there.Saturday morning Colby had a basketball game. It was so fun watching him play. He's the tallest one on his team.
During half time Nathan got out there to show off his stuff. Looks pretty cool, he does!
Colby shooting at the free throw line.
Ryan was one of his coaches. It was so fun to see them both out there. Makes me think of years to come for my family.
Saturday we hit the pool again. I was so burnt, I stayed under the umbrella and kept a towel over my legs. Cara, Mom and I had to get a picture together. I look like a dork, but I had to blog it anyways. Isn't Cara beautiful! I've always thought so.
Nathan jumping in full gear. He was so funny trying to walk in the flippers.
His splash. For some reason I just love this picture.
Saturday night Ryan and Cara took us out to dinner and BJ's. It was a fun restaurant with good food and home brewed root beer. I didn't order any root beer, but I loved drinking off of Mom's. Taylor, Colby, Cara and Ryan. Not the best family picture I've ever taken. Still such a cute family though.
Me, Mom and Nathan. As usual, Nathan is being a cheeser!
Just thought this chandelier above our table looked cool.
I ordered a garden vegetable baked potato. It was delicious and had a side of alfredo which made it even better.
It was so much fun hanging out with Cara and her family. Although Cara is my aunt, she's only 5 years older then me. I have fond memories of growing up with her and I've always felt close to her. I've missed her since she's moved so far away and I don't get to see her much. I enjoyed seeing the wonderful family that she has and the fun they have together. I love you Cara!! I hope to be able to visit with my family someday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of hate you for getting to eat In-and-Out. Dang it, I miss that place!

OK, I can't actually hate you because I'm just so sad that you're leaving us :(

Heidi said...

What a fun and quick getaway to Cali with your Mom and no kids (well except Nathan- ha!). He loves to cheese it up. :)

Good job on Malcom's cake. I love how your pictures change at the top of your blog page. Creative.

Holly said...

Okay, did you mean you went to dinner *AT* BJ's? Because that's not what it says. And only because I love you.

Cara said...

Lou, it was so fun having you here! Thanks for taking the time to come and visit me! Tell Matt I said thanks for watching your boys even though I wish you would have brought them with you! I always enjoy being with you so much! I,too, have fond memories of growing up together! I am extremely blessed to have the best neices in the world who are more like my sisters! I love you! I hope you can come again soon!