Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quinn Turns Four

Tuesday after getting back from Utah was Quinn's birthday. In years past, we've done a joint birthday party for the boys and had a big BBQ with friends. I didn't want to put in all the time that requires to do. Plus I don't think the boys need presents from friends all the time. I decided I'd rather have a BBQ with our friends later in the summer after our lives slow down a little bit. We'll see if our lives slow down.

We had a family get together that night to celebrate Quinn. It was such a last minute thing, I was taking one day at a time, no planning ahead. We BBQ carne asada and had spanish rice and hot dogs for the kids. I somehow managed to pull it off, and make the cake.

Quinn was excited all day for his presents and party. He asked me about it all throughout the day. When it came time to open presents, he couldn't contain his excitement and just started tearing one after another open. Finally we had to try and make him slow down, but I don't know that it was very successful.
Winston thinking about getting in on the action.
Quinn didn't care about the cards, but Matt made him stop and read it.
Love this picture, he is such a nerd!
After saying thank you to Grandpa for the gifts.


Classic rock on sign, and I love Ryan and Steph in the background.

After all the presents were done, he got up and bowed for us all, over and over again.
He wanted a green baseball cake, so I ended up just dying the cake batter green. The red stitching ended up being a little too pink for my liking. Good thing he didn't notice. Do you notice some little fingers coming up over the side?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Now I'm a little jealous that NONE of my kids have EVER bowed after the present opening. He's such a crack up!