This white baby grand piano sits in my mother-in-law's front room, it didn't start out here and it doesn't belong to her.
In 1998, my 4 1/2 year old sister, Jacquelyn, passed away. This piano was bought in memory of her and sat in my dad's front room with a picture of Jacquelyn on top of it. It's beautiful just like she was.
After my dad passed away in 2002, things got rough in so many different ways. One of which was the house being sold. The only one of us siblings that had room for it at the time was Brianne. Later when her family moved to England, we didn't know what we would do with it. My mother-in-law was wonderful and let us "store" this beautiful white baby grand piano in her front room. How thankful I am for her willingness to share in this family treasure with us.
I didn't plan that these would be the pictures I would take, but as I was "practicing" what shots I wanted, the boys just so happened to be playing it. I love them so much more then the piano by itself.
I love that Malcolm is trying to look inside to see how it works.
I love Quinn's dirty feet with his bandaids he insisted would make his owie stop hurting.
8 comments:
The Feet!! I love the feet!
Wish I had said more to you yesterday. PLEASE let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help out with whatever.
Loves you guys.
Beautiful pictures! You are so talented. We miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice! The photos I took for this challenge are of the much rougher looking 'new' piano at our and and Reed pounding on it, ha. I should post them, they are rather cute.
Great job on the challenge. Love the feet and the one of Malcolm looking inside. Very cute. These should be framed and done in black and white. You're awesome Lou.
Love this post! I sure miss the piano and every time Tom and I look at a house I try to envision where it would go and if it would fit. We looked at a house on Monday that we both like that it would fit in!!
What a great post for Marc's monthly special. These feet are great. Great picture!
All the best & safe travels, Fritsch.
Nice pics. I am stumped. I have no music in me. None in the house. Unless I want to take a picture of CDs. Blah! We have no street bands. Poo. I am glad you came up with something and they are cute to boot! Good Job!
I think yours is my favorite post of the month. The photos are just beautiful--wonderful composition--and the meaning behind it is even better. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful pictures! And a sweet story too!
Post a Comment