Monday, July 20, 2009

Utah Part 2: Temple Square

Sunday we were able to go to Temple Square for the day. I have always loved going to Temple Square. There is such a great spirit there and it's so beautiful. The boys were entertained the whole day and didn't even complain, until the end when they were getting hungry.

Malcolm asked Matt, why we didn't go to church, Matt told him that this is what we did for church today. Malcolm's response, "Wow and I wasn't even bored!" Haha, that was the funniest thing ever!

WARNING: Picture overload

Just starting out at the Conference Center. It has a garden on the roof that I've been up to once, but they don't let you go up there anymore.
I can't help but take pictures of water, I'm obsessed with it.
Just walking onto Temple Square. The Salt Lake Temple is so amazing! It always amazes me to think of the work the Saints put into building it. Taking 40 years to build and all that they gave up for that sacred building.
Pictures depicting Christs life in the Visitors Center.
The Christus is always my favorite thing to look at. It's just so beautiful to me.
I think this one is so symbolic of the atonement to me. The nail print in the hand and the Earth behind it. Love this picture.
The 1830 edition of The Book of Mormon.
Malcolm watched every video on Joseph Smith, the restoration of the gospel and translation of the gold plates. There was about 4 of them, a few minutes long each.
There was a display of an ancient Prophet writing on the brass plates, but I can't remember which Prophet they said it was. There was this beautiful wall behind him.
Salt Lake Temple
All my boys in front of the reflecting pool. After we left Matt asked if I got a picture of the Temple in the reflection pool, dang it, I didn't!
Quinn took his chances of falling in the water.
Malcolm in front of the temple.
The boys with Grandma and Grandpa.
The whole group in front of the Salt Lake Temple. I forgot my tripod in the car, so I sat my camera on top of my bag, turned on the self timer and ran. From left to right, Shaila, Matt, Jeff, Stacy (Jeff's girlfriend), Cynthia holding Quinn, Merle with Winston on his shoulders and Malcolm on his lap, Stephanie, Ryan, Ben and Nate. We missed having Laura, Mike and Rose!!
Our family in front of the temple.
Steph and Ryan with the temple.
Close up of Ryan and Steph.
Jeff and Stacy in front of the temple.
Jeff and Stacy looking so cute together!
Malcolm posing in front of a water fountain, don't ask why he picked this pose.
I wasn't telling him what to do. He looks pretty bad!
Again, I love water!
It was so hot outside. It felt good by this fountain because a mist came off of it. Winston is reacting to the mist, he didn't really like it.
Winston and Daddy looking toward the temple.
The front of the Salt Lake Temple. I thought it was amazing that there wasn't one person standing in front of it while I took it.
Uncle Ben and Quinn conquering the cement circle.
Love the fountain with the Temple in the background.
I just loved this picture!Uncle Jeff helping Winston get a drink. All my in laws are so great with the kids! It's very helpful not being the only ones keeping track of them the whole time! Thanks all of you!Inside the Tabernacle. They had these purple lights on behind the Tabernacle organ. Makes it look so cool.Jeff and Stacy ditching the family for a closer look, I guess! The girl at the front was demonstrating how acoustically sensitive it is inside the Tabernacle. You can hear a pin drop on the podium clear back where we were sitting, toward the back. Amazing!Inside the Assembly Hall. Another beautiful building built by the Saints.The outside of the Assembly Hall, with it's beautiful stained glass!What a wonderful day we had together as a family building memories. I love family outings! I'm so grateful to have such great in laws that love me and make me feel so much a part of the family. I feel so blessed. How grateful I am for the Gospel in my life. I'm thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and all that he went through to restore the gospel to the earth for this last dispensation. I'm thankful to the early Saints who sacrificed their lives for the building up of this true church. They endured so much and gave so much for our generation. I'm thankful for latter day apostles and prophets that lead our church this day. I'm espiecially grateful for the scared temples where we are sealed together as eternal families. I love the Gospel!!!

2 comments:

melanie said...

Man, your UT trip is making me want to take my kids there really bad. Sounds like you guys had such a fun time. I have the best memories of going every summer and now I want to take the whole fam. Maybe next year.

Never an overload of photos. Never. Print a couple of these out for gifts, they are awesome! I just might need a couple for my walls.

Start blogging for me, will ya? :)

Leisha said...

Beautiful pictures Lou! Now, just print me out some and hang them on my wall in NY will ya.