So it has been almost a month since we had our spring break, but I really need to get caught up, so bear with me. This is going to be a long post. This is like 20 posts in one. It's doesn't even barely flow together, but I just had to get it up tonight. I'm tired, so it will probably show while you're reading it.
We started our spring break the middle of March when we went up to visit our parents for two weeks. It was definitely not spring. It was so very cold, but it was warmer there. The first Monday of the break we were able to see Dane play in his first soccer game. He's cute isn't he!

It was fun watching him, but man was it cold. Don't let that sun shining deceive you! It was fun playing with my telephoto lens again. It's not much of an inside lens.
Kathryn deemed herself the Winston babysitter. He had fun trying to walk in the grass and didn't mind crawling in it either.
He looks so cute in this picture. Ha!
I turned around and saw this, I thought it was so cute. She was feeding him her snack. Quinn joined in on the fun too, although you can't really tell he's there.
Nathan taught Quinn how to climb the fence. Didn't he know one climber in the family is enough!
Winston's hands were freezing, although he didn't seem to mind, I made him hang out with Matt in the blanket. I love Matt in hoodies, he always looks so mean and tough.
The next day was St. Patrick's Day. I woke up and remembered, so I decided to make a green breakfast. I thought it was fun having green pancakes, green eggs (no ham) and green orange juice. Quinn was a little apprehensive at first, but gave it a try and realized it tasted just the same. Malcolm on the other hand, ha, he was not a happy camper. He refused to try it. We kept telling him that's what was for breakfast and I wasn't making him anything else. He kept telling Matt he just wanted cereal, so finally I gave in and told him he could have cereal, only I dyed the milk green. He was so mad at me. He was practically in tears. Then I went and got out their clothes to wear that day, and when I brought out the green shirt, he about had a conniption. He started yelling how he hated green. It was pretty darn funny. So I finally gave in and told him if he got dressed, that I would give him cereal with white milk. Oh the drama that made the day memorable.
We didn't do a whole lot else. Just hung out with family everyday. It was cold, I never got out, so I didn't take really any pictures. I'm so tired of inside pictures without a decent flash. Tuesday we BBQ carne asada and made spanish rice. Wednesday Holli and I had a day of cinnamon roll making. We made my usual recipe and another recipe that she has of a friends. Holli's cinnamon roll dough won with the crowd, but everyone had different opinions on glaze or cream cheese frosting. I personally love my cream cheese frosting. Thursday my mom didn't work, so we had a girls day. Mom, Mel and I drove to Tri Cities and spent the afternoon shopping and eating with Brianne and her kids. It was a fun getaway. I can't remember Friday anymore, and Saturday we went to Tri Cities with Mom and Pop. Sunday was the usual Sunday, church with Mom, eat lunch with them, then over to Matt's parents after there ward is done. Cynthia was gone for the week in Arizona (so jealous), so we had fun hanging out with Paka! Monday I spent a good majority of my day detailing the inside of my car, while the boys played outside. Winston played in the car while I did that. It was so nice to get my carpets shampooed and get it back to a "new" look state. Man I love to clean! Tuesday and Wednesday, Matt and I had a less then 48 hour getaway without kids. It was nice, but very tiring with a really early flight Tuesday morning and really late flight Wednesday night.
We were able to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. Seven years, can you believe that? It has gone by so fast. I really can't believe it's been that long and we have 3 kids to show for it. It feels like we just got married, yet our relationship has matured so much. I love being married to Matt. He is the best husband for me. There's a few things I love about Matt. He can't lie to me, he can try (teasing me), but he holds his facial expression in such a way, that I can tell he's lying. He's a great cook, which is so nice when I'm having an off day, he can take over. He's the most forgiving person. He's very, very smart. He's very handsome. Yet he's very humble. He's also a great kisser. He loves me despite my faults. He never makes me question his love and commitment to me. I know he will always be there for me. We would spend all day, everyday together if we could, we don't get tired of each other. Despite my lack of confidence, he's constantly telling me how beautiful, hot, cute and pretty I am and (sorry if this is too much info) what a great body I have. Hey, that's something you like to hear after three kids, even if I'm not comfortable with my baby fat, I'm glad he is. I love you Matthew, thanks for being my best friend.
Thursday after Matt sleeping in, then me getting a nap, we were going to head home. Matt had a paper he had to finish up at work and had to talk to his professor (boss) before his presentation on Monday. My cousin Aaron was having his wedding reception that weekend, so Matt decided to just make the trip home by himself and come back Friday night. I was glad that meant I didn't have to pack when I was so tired. So before Matt took off for home, we spent the afternoon at his parents, mostly playing in the backyard. It was actually a somewhat nice day. Winston was loving his freedom of walking, and pushing the lawn mower.
The boys enjoyed playing on the rocks and digging in the dirt with the shovels.
Winston was so mad at me, because I kept pulling him away from the dirt, so I finally gave in. I never would have let my other two play in the dirt at this age, but Winston is lucky, I'm doing a lot of things I didn't do before. What does a little dirt hurt!
I love this action shot of playing and breaking the dirt clods. He was really fascinated by it. Luckily he is my least oral baby and didn't try eating it at all. 
But he's definitely my child. He cleans his hands off afterwards.
Quinn is ready to take the leap. It's a long drop, a whole foot!
Malcolm is getting way too big!
Winston is such a doll, he's blowing on the leaf here. He's so cute, whenever he sees me burning a candle, he just starts blowing. He always wants me to lift him up so he can see it better and blow some more.
After a while, I was done with the chilly but nice day. I went inside and looked out to see all my boys hanging on the blanket together. These boys love their daddy. It's a typical thing for them to all be sitting on him in the rocking chair. 
After the weekend with a great reception, (I sure love my Aunt LaVoy and Uncle Alan! They always make me feel worth something!), we headed home. We came home to clear roads, but snow on side. Ugh! Then the rest of the week we had days like this.
It's just not right! How can I get out of my rut with weather like this. It's suppose to be spring.
Especially when my mom treated me to a pedicure and flip flops, I'm wanting flip flop weather.
My father in law, Merle, did get me this though, so that did lift the mood a little. Thanks Merle, I love it. 
My attempt at a self portrait. I got a new hair cut while we were home (Thanks Mel!), not that you can really tell what it looks like here. I'm terrible at pictures of myself. Do people ever like themselves in pictures? My bangs were inspired by my awesome visiting teacher/friend, Rachel. She has the cutest bangs, but I don't pull them off nearly as well as she does. She's just too cute to try to copy.



5 comments:
Cute pictures Lou! I love how Kathryn took over watching Winston. She is such a sweet thing. I would say that Winston looks like he is getting big but he still looks like a peanut to me! He is so cute!
Sounds like your spring break was as crazy as ours. I agree spring needs to be here. Happy Anniversary and Nice Haircut. :) Oh and where did you guys go?
Forgot--I also love the dirt clod pic and nice Shoot sac!!
Such a big post, so many thoughts.
LOVE the blog makeover. Cute header, background, all of it. It's fabulous.
I'm still cracking up over 'green day'. Malcolm is too funny.
That is the exact shootsac I would have chosen. We have good taste! :)
Adorable photo of Kat and Winston.
I like your self portrait and I want your eyebrows.
So good to see a post from you. See you soon. Love you.
Cute pictures of your kids! They sure look big!
Post a Comment