Wednesday, April 15, 2009

General Conference Weekend

The first weekend in April Brianne and Tom came with their family for a weekend visit. We had a lot of fun having them visit. There was a lot of food involved and a few fun things. Friday night we started with some yummy steaks made by Matt (I actually ate more then normal!), and some yummy homemade potato wedges. Saturday morning I was up with the kids and made them all pancakes. When we were all ready for the day, we tried going and watching our friend at a lumberjack competition. We weren’t really dressed for the occasion so we only stayed for like five minutes and didn’t see any action. By that time, it was almost lunch, so we went to Safeway and got goods for a picnic. We headed over to a park to eat, where Quinn freaked out about the “bees” (flies) flying by his ear, and him and I ended up eating in the car. Seems like we had this similar experience a few years back. After lunch, Winston and Mason were ready for nap, so Brianne and I headed back with them, while the rest stayed and played at the park. Matt stole my camera to get pictures. So enjoy Matt’s photography!
Malcolm was a little scared of the monkey bars. I love his face in this picture. Quinn was waiting for Malcolm to get moving.
He eventually got tired of waiting for him.
Malcolm then tried it again.
This time he did it.
With a little encouragement of, course.
Matt said Quinn was quite the monkey. Where Malcolm would take his time going across, Quinn was cruising right across them.
I love this face Jayni is making! Such a Jayni face.

The boys enjoying the ride together.
Then adding Jayni in the mix. I love this picture of all three of them together.
This one too, I love how they all love each other so much!
The rest of the weekend went something like this. Saturday night made some Chicken Tiki Masala and Naan bread that Tom requested and found a recipe for. An Indian dish they loved in England. That same night, made some cinnamon rolls to have the next morning for breakfast. Sunday morning baked the cinnamon rolls, watched General Conference. Made Ham, sour cream potatoes (funeral potatoes, but I hate that name!), rolls and a salad for dinner. My brother Landon also joined us for conference while Holli was getting certified to teach Zumba in Moscow. It was good to have him too. I’m not sure any of us got much out of conference with all the chaos, but it was a good weekend none the less. Now, I just need to watch conference again!

6 comments:

Campbells said...

looks like fun, you have some handsome boys! I am impressed that Quinn can do the monkey bars at age 3!!!

Brianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brianne said...

It was fun to be with you guys! Thanks for having us.

Laura Lei said...

Those pictures are priceless. I love Quinn's face when he's cheering on Malcolm. So funny.

Carolyn said...

I hate the name funeral potatoes too! I call them wedding potatoes. It makes them sound so much happier. :)

Heidi said...

What a fun weekend! You were cooking a lot. Our friends made that Indian dish for us and it was yummy. I got the recipe from them, but haven't attempted to make it yet. We call those potatoes...Special Potatoes. :)