Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easter Weekend

We started the Easter celebration the Thursday before at Barnes and Nobles. I was on the phone with my good friend Rachel when she told me they were having a story time and Easter egg hunt in a half an hour. So I quickly got all four kids ready and headed out the door to meet her there. I was hoping I could handle all the kids by myself, and it went well. They all had a great time and got lots of eggs, since there were only two other mom's there with kids. Some were filled with gift certificates and 25% off coupons. We made out with a $5 gift certificate, a $10 gift certificate, four 25% off coupons and lots of candy and eggs. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures, even though my camera was hanging around my neck. Between chasing three kids hunting for the eggs, and a one year old who wants to get into everything, I didn't get much of a chance.

We spent Easter weekend back home with our families. It was a fun filled weekend that was very busy. Friday night we dropped Jayni off with Brianne at my mom's house. Then Saturday morning we picked her back up for a Easter egg hunt that Matt's parents ward was having. They were all so excited to go. Every kid was limited to seven eggs, so the hunting went quick. When we got there, I snapped a couple of pictures before it got started.
I love the bokeh of the eggs in this picture, so cool!
Winston hanging out in the church before it started. I think he's looking quite adorable.
I was trying to coach and follow all three kids by myself, so again, I missed out on the action. But I did get some after pictures.






None of the kids have ever dyed eggs. I just haven't ever wanted the mess and felt like I would wait until they were a little older. Since Malcolm is almost six, I guess it's about time. So my mom took matters into her own hands, and helped the kids with their first experience. I must say, that it was a lot less messy then I had envisioned, so I will continue on with the tradition I always loved as a kid!




The finished product with a little pink bunny peep.
Cynthia did some rice crispy eggs dipped in chocolate. I missed out on the fun, so I didn't get any pictures of it. But they were so cute and yummy. Something I would love to do in the years to come.

Sunday morning at Matt's parents. The kids were so excited that the Easter bunny came. Winston couldn't get enough of the jelly beans.


1 comment:

Campbells said...

I am so glad you let the kids decorate eggs, it really is fun! Also I love the pictures of the kids riding bikes, makes me miss the ole northwood manor parking lot and its parties!