The day before we came home, I played outside in the snow with the boys for two hours while Winston was sleeping. I don't know what got into me, I have a hard time neglecting all that I need to get done, especially when I 'm leaving the next day. But the boys thought it was great and loved it. I had fun too. I had to take my camera outside too, I had to document the boys at play.
It was snowing a little bit the whole time. The snowflakes were amazing and were perfect. Some were on my camera bag, and I had to try and capture it. I had my huge lens on, so I couldn't get as close as I wanted, so I just cropped it a little bit. Isn't it amazing?
The snow was so deep, when I was walking up our little hill, it was nearly up to my knee. So sledding wasn't so easy. We would just kinda sink in. It was really fluffy too, we couldn't even make a snowball, let alone a snowman. Needless to say, the boys ended up playing on the big toy instead.
Quinn started heading upstairs...
and this is what he came back with. I guess I'm glad I never got to putting the sand toys away!
Malcolm's kept putting his own face in the snow, hence all the snow all over his head. His hat is a little big too, he always had to look at me from under it.
It is so hard getting the right exposure in the snow. The snow totally throws off my metering!
The snow blower only made one round through the snow this day.
It's hard to get the full effect on camera. The snow all just blends together. But it was so deep!

Malcolm was really enjoying the big toy.
I love those eyelashes. His hair is so long, it doesn't stay in his hat. I finally talked him into letting me cut it, and for the first time, he didn't cry!
Malcolm finally decided to join in the fun with the sand toys. They played like that FOREVER! I laid in the snow and couldn't have taken a nap, if I didn't end up feeling the cold seeping in that is.
On the way home, it was a little foggy. You couldn't even see the horizon. It was so weird driving with all white around. I thought this old barn looked so cool all by itself in the mist of it all.
3 comments:
I love the little barn in the snow. It reminds me of the twenty-minute barn, before it fell over.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't even aware that stuff was out there. hehehe By the way... I like to "peak" at your blog. You take good photos. And all the Redfords, stacey, melissa, sean just love you guys, so I have to see whats going on. Hope you don't mind. hehhe
Anne
Too cute. I can not believe how big your boys are getting. Look at all that snow...Wow! I'm sorry about the car problems....ugg. I hope everything else is going well with you guys!
Post a Comment