Monday, January 19, 2009

Some More Black and White

So I thought I needed to get my sad post off the top of my blog. Sorry for making everyone cry! After writing it, the next morning I woke up with swollen eyes! I really do appreciate every one's sweet comments. I feel so blessed to have so many people that care about me!

I've been playing with more pictures in black and white. I decided I don't know that I really like my first one, besides the incredibly handsome boy in it, it just seems blah, with no depth to it. I don't know how to make it better though. So I played with some others.

These first two are Winston's feet when he was two weeks old (sniff!). I really like them. I did the channel mixer with them, but then added a photo filter in sepia to them, very subtle sepia. I like the way it made them look better.

I loved this picture of my niece Emma and my Mom giving her a kiss. Her straight face is adorable and those cute little checks! I wish she'd let me love on her!! So the original is here on my mom's blog, I like it too, but I like it in black and white better. I lover her eyes because they're blue, and love color for that reason, but I think with the colors, it draws the attention away from the sweet moment. That's why I like the black and white version. My personal opinion!
Off to bed now! Will I ever get out of this bad habit of stay up too late? I think I need some intervention!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh those tiny feet! Beautiful pictures, makes me want some more tiny feet a little bit!! I think you're right about black and whites, they seem to capture more of the "moment" somehow. I love your photography!

marc said...

I love subtle toning of black and white so much more than heavy sepia. The eyes in that third photo really draw you in.

Campbells said...

Cute pics, I see your point about black and white, and I do like it, but I just love color. Just my opinion. I know what you mean about staying up to late! Da always says that morning Damon HATES the night Damon. Every morning I vow "tonight I am going to bed earlier" and than everynight I'm like "what the heck" no need to rush to bed!

Holly said...

I have so much to learn from you. You inspire me all over the place. And not just in photography

But my reason for commenting is this: I am now stalking your food blog, too. So want to be you when I grow up. Except I am older than you. Except you have it more together than me.

Whatever.