I love this site!! I have learned so much from Marc and I would recommend it to EVERYONE!! Every month he has what he calls a monthly special and I've liked taking part. The problem is, I haven't really taken part since....AUGUST!! I subscribe to his blog, read it, try everything. I just haven't had time to play with it. A couple of them I did, but just didn't get to posting the results, and for the last few month I have been consumed with Ryan and Stephanie's engagement pictures and making a guest book with their engagement pictures. That took a lot of my extra time. Anyways, now that the wedding and holidays are past, I plan on getting into my creative side and doing this. I do need the creative challenge, since it doesn't come easily to me. This month's monthly special is black and white. I love black and whites but I don't like how dull they look to me if I just let photoshop do it automatically or desaturated the picture. I'm so excited to learn all his different ways of turning pictures black and white. I'm hoping to do several of these this month! So here's my first attempt with his first tutorial. Isn't Malcolm looking way too old!?!

7 comments:
They grow up toooooo stinkin' fast (although admittedly somedays I think it's not fast enough, lol)!! Isn't manipulating B&Ws AWESOME?! It makes such a huge difference!! Keep it up Sheila, you are rockin' it!!
Nice Lou. He's adorable and looks like he was cooperating quite nicely. Much more than I can say for my 5 yr old. He's a goof in photos!
I did last month's challenge and then never posted it....loser that I am. I'm doing this month. I just need to sift through the photos.
One cute boy!
Nice picture. I love that website too. I've been meaning to start his monthly specials, but I'm can't get Rose to stand still for a second (she's my only model...considering Mike NEVER wants me to take pictures of just him).
P.S. Yes, he is looking all grown up and so handsome.
Love the pic! I like high key photos but this one is totally adorable!!!!
Thanks! I like yours too. He looks so grown up in this picture.
Thanks for doing the Monthly Special. Great pose and use of black and white! I love taking photos of my kids in black and white because it really lets you focus on the expression.
Post a Comment