Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Break

We went home this last week for Spring Break. It was so nice to have Matt around the whole time! I was able to "sleep in" everyday. That still means I went to bed around midnight, but didn't have to wake up until Winston ate around 9-9:30. That was so nice and I felt so rested. The only problem with that is, I wasn't really ready until noon everyday. At home I'm usually ready for the day by 9:30-10am. So needless to say we didn't do much. We mostly just sat around "relaxing", if you can do that with 3 kids. I did get my haircut...I was in desperate need of one! Besides that, it just seemed like there wasn't enough time in the day to do much of anything. Here's a few pictures that I took during the week. Milo and Melanie gave this outfit to Winston, and since Reed had the same one, we thought they needed to wear them on the same day, and get pictures together. Can't you tell they're cousins...they have the same crazy hair! They are 6 weeks apart in case you are wondering.
I love how they are both looking at the camera. Reed looks so cute resting his head on Winston's shoulder. So a few days before we went home, Winston's face started breaking out. Go figure, when he's going to meet everyone. I think he might have eczema now too.
Don't mind Mel's arm, but I just love how Winston is smiling as he's falling over. He's starting to coo and smile so much more!
Gramimi with the sweet boys.I made time to go and visit Grammie and Grandpa one night. I just love them so much! They are so funny and I always enjoy visiting with them. Isn't Grammie just the cutest thing ever!?! She loves babies...I guess I know where I get it from!
A blurry picture of Grandpa. This is who Quinn is named after. I just love him so much!!I also had a chance to visit with my beautiful friend Tami and her husband Kyle. I'm so glad that they came over for the weekend and could see Winston. Tami is such a great friend! I just love and miss her! It's always fun to get together and think of all the dumb things we did in high school...I'm glad we've got past that stage!! I love you Tam Bam Slam Jam!
We even talked Kyle into holding Winston...it really didn't take too much convincing. Doesn't he look cute with a baby!! Kyle is a great guy, I'm glad Tami has such a great husband. He was so funny, as he was holding Winston he said, "I'm so not ready for one of you!" Come on Kyle...you're never "ready"!! Ha ha! Just had to add these last few pictures. This one is from a couple of weeks ago. Winston kissing Matt...he has lost so much hair since then! Winston...not Matt.
Finally my crib bedding came!! Cynthia ordered this for me weeks before Winston was born! We didn't think it would ever come, and after much confusion with the whole thing, it finally did!
I just love it!! It looks so great with the crib! Thank you so much Cynthia!! Now I just need to do window treatments and figure out some wall decor!! How fun!
So as Matt was loading up the car today he heard a noise and looked over to see Malcolm doing this. At first it scared him...but as you can see, Malcolm loved it!

9 comments:

Leisha said...

I can't believe Malcolm can do that! He's crazy! But oh so cute. I love the pictures of Reed with my little Tito. It sounds like you had a great spring break! I'm so glad that you got to go home. Now you have to post what you crazy girls did at Time Out. I love you!

Trista said...

Lots of fun pics!! And LOVE the crib bedding!!!!! I must say, I am a bit jealous everyone is talking about this whole Spring Break thing...lol. I totally forgot about that!

The Kay Family said...

The bedding and crib are BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVED the video of Malcom skateboarding. I would be petrified to do that, but he did awesome!! Hope you are feeling well!

melanie said...

Wow, look at you posting already! Love this post full of pictures. I love the matching pictures, so cute. When Reed is falling on Winston he is looking right at you, I love it!

Our kids did that with the skateboard last year and at first, I was the nervous one. They got it down and love to do it now. I'm sure you can imagine how many times they crashed too, especially Kat, ha!

Why does a laid back fun week have to go by so fast. So glad you were able to come home and get some down time. Now it's back to the grind.

Mandy said...

Hey! I have missed my internet. I haven't checked your blog since before the fieldtrip post. I love that you include pictures of Georgey. That is so sweet. I always copy them onto my computer. Thank goodness you always have your camera at these things! The matching pictures are so cute. And the skateboarding video - what a little daredevil! Georgey has a skateboard and he has to hold my hand and wear his full helmet, knee and elbow pads, and he goes so slow. Malcolm just goes for it, and he did awesome. Good thing Georgey has Malcolm around, he can teach him to live a little sometimes!

Anna said...

Love the babies together. I really love the crib bedding!

Laura Lei said...

Watch out Tony Hawk, Malcolm is looking pretty good on a skateboard. I can't wait to see you guys. The bedding is adorable. I love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I love Hilary Weeks too. I'm so bummed we didn't get to go to TOFW...there's always next year I guess. Um, super-cute bedding. Darling!!! And Winston is just growing my word!

Harper Family said...

LOVE the crib bedding!! It looks sooo good! I also loved the video of Malcom skateboarding...what a stud!