Sunday, March 2, 2008

4 Weeks Old

I had to write two posts in one day, because I had to document this one on it's own.

I can't believe my little guy is already one month. Yesterday was 4 weeks since he was born, today one month. I know pretty much the same thing. He's been such a fun baby. He's making 3 kids seems pretty easy...knock on wood!!

We went to the Dr on Friday for his little "procedure" and his one month check up. They said he did great in his "procedure", didn't even cry. He just sucked on his binky the whole time and just twitched sometimes. Poor guy. He was pretty sad the rest of the day, and I didn't put him down much. It makes me so sad when they have it done. I cried when Malcolm had his, because I could hear him crying. So here is how he measured up since his last check up.
Weight Height Head Circ.
4 days 7.4 lbs 31% 20 in. 52% 13.9 in 32-33%
27 days 10 lbs 63-64% 21.7 in. 66-67% 15 in. 51%

This picture is from Friday night. Matt says it's his mad face, because he's in pain. Poor guy!!My sil Melanie gave me the great idea of documenting what he's doing at this age...not that it's much.

-He's still sleeping the majority of the time. He's really awake first thing in the morning.When he is awake he is usually very content and really enjoys staring at the pictures on the wall.

-He really doesn't cry much, just when he wants to eat or needs his pants changed.

-He's on a great schedule of eating/sleeping every 3-4 hours morning and night. The longest stretch he has gone is 6 hours, and go figure I only slept about half of that.

-He tries grinning, but hasn't done a real smile yet. I'm still trying to decide if he has a dimple in his cheek, or just a "dents" like Malcolm.

So I had a little photo shoot with him yesterday. I have a hard time narrowing down pictures and always end up with a lot. Oh well, I can't get enough of looking at him!! He started out not really wanting to have it done.

Okay this one made me laugh when I saw it. This poor baby always sounds congested. I'm always sucking out his little nose. Since he was crying, I guess he had some extra snot to share. (You have to click on it to see what I'm talking about.

I love, love this one!


Worn out from all the trauma his mom puts him through!!

11 comments:

melanie said...

Very cute Lou. The snot bubble is hilarious. Reed went through that congestion and I was always worried about it. I was so glad when it went away.

I love the crying one too.

Kersten said...

What beautiful Pictures! I found your blog through Sharon Batson. How neat! Youre a great photographer. I wanted to have you guys over for dinner sometime!
Kersten Campbell

The Kay Family said...

You did a great job on the pictures, again!! And I love that you documented what he is doing at this age. It is so easy to forget so quickly.

Marion said...

Is his head becoming the shape of Quinnie's. It looks like it's becoming pretty square. He's changing soooo much! I can't wait to see him Friday and spend a whole week with all 3 of the boys! I love you, Lou!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures. And thank goodness for photoshop for all those snotty nosed pictures. I have had to touch up many of those kinds of pictures!!
Winston sure is a cutie!

Mandy said...

What a handsome little baby. I just love him! I think this is the most I've seen of him awake :)

Campbells said...

How adorable. I can not believe he is on such a great schedule already. So not fair. Great pics, you really have a talent for photography.

Shannon B said...

very sweet cute pictures! I love the snot bubble! TOO CUTE!

Leisha said...

My little Tito is getting so big! I can't believe Winston is a month old! The weird thing is Emma is almost 5 months old! Time does go by fast. All the pictures look great! Emma's excited for her Photo Shoot with Auntie Lou this summer. Give all the boys big big hugs! Love you!

Anna said...

He is so sweet Shaila! I think he looks like both boys. I cant believe he is a month. As for his procedure, so not fun but so glad to have it over with!

Granny DeeAnn said...

What an absolute sweetie! I think he will be as handsome as his brothers! They change so fast so enjoy the ride. I think Winston looks like he and Reed are related!!!