Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Six Years Today

Six years ago today was the happiest day of my life!! I married the man that makes everyday worth living. I have the most wonderful husband! There have been times that he absolutely drives me nuts with all his little "habits", but I've learned to love them too. For example, almost every Sunday I make a roast (Matt's favorite) and as soon as we walk in the door he starts picking at it. It used to drive me insane...but if I want to remain sane, I just have to laugh it off. He always tells me, "When I die, you're going to wish I would pick at the roast!" That is so true! I can't believe we've been married for six years already, but in reality, it really doesn't seem like that long at all. (Matt says it feels like forever.) The longer we're married, the better husband Matt is, so I can't wait for these next six years to come.

We've had a lot of changes in these short years, like the birth of three wonderful sons! (I still can't believe I'm the mother of three sons!) We've bought and sold our first home, down graded to an apartment and have been living the dream of students! (Not that we weren't students prior to that, just not so poor!) We've gained some weight, lost some hair (not just Matt, I loss it after every birth, it just grows back!) We might not be as young and cute as when we first fell in love, but our love sure is stronger!

We don't get to do much celebrating since this is Matt's longest school day. He goes to lab from 6-9pm. It kinda stinks! So instead of having a nice meal together, Matt had left overs, while the boys and I had chocolate chip pancakes and eggs. Someday we can actually celebrate, for that matter, maybe someday we can actually go on a honeymoon! That'll be the day...that'll be the day!
(A picture Laura took of us at the temple. Matt's so hot!!)
Matt found this picture of us a while ago. I'm assuming it's when we were first married. I just think we look so cute and we're driving in one of the corrados! Matt with his classic sleepy eyes.
We don't have any recent pictures of just us together, So I tried doing a self portrait of us today...it didn't work so well. I guess that's what happens when you're not the same height. Matt really wasn't into perfecting it either.
Happy Anniversary Matthew! You really are the love of my life...or eternity! I'm so thankful for our wonderful marriage. We really are blessed! I love you Baby!


On a side note, I looked out the window this morning to find it snowing. By 10am it looked like this. Isn't suppose to be spring!?! I was pretty down about it, but then it all melted away. Phew! Matt just got home and asked if I had looked out the window lately. Go figure it's all back again. Crazy weather! Laura, I think we are in need of a trip to Arizona. Do you have room for a family of five!?!

9 comments:

Brianne said...

Cute anniversary post...loved the pictures.

I can't believe it snowed! That is pretty miserable. Hope you have bright sunny days ahead!

Trista said...

Yay! Congratulations!! I've always heard that the first 5 years are the toughest--if so, WOO HOO! I can't wait for the rest!! :D You guys are so cute--then AND now! :D

Sorry about the snow...what a bummer. One year Russ had it on finals week....

Leisha said...

That's weird I posted a comment this morning and now it's gone. Anyway...congrats on the 6 years! I still remember the day...tear. The boys look so cute in their easter clothes! Little Tito looks so cute in the pictue in your last post. Well I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Love ya!

melanie said...

Six years! How in the world does time fly so fast? I like your self portrait the best out of all your photos. You both look great! Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a very sweet post and I love all the pictures of you guys- such a cute couple!!

Harper Family said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
You guys are sooo cute together!

Mandy said...

It's your anniversary?! I didn't even know, what a bad friend I turned out to be! Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (a little late)!!!! It's kind of a bummer how little fanfare anniversaries produce at our stage in life - leftovers and chocolate chip pancakes are about all you can do with three kids and a full day of school - good job! You guys are so cute and anyone who knows you can tell that you truly love and appreciate each other. Happy 6!

Anna said...

Wow time flies when you are having fun (or something)! I remember nursing Maggie in the RS room at your reception, she was 3 mos old! I love the self portrait, I think you guys have gotten even better looking! You must be a nicer wife than me cause after 8 yrs, Kurts annoying habits still annoy me, but I have learned to shut up about them some! Congrats Shaila and Matt. Fine sometime to do something fun together!

Laura Lei said...

Wow...six years. I can't believe it's been that long. I can still remember meeting you with Matt after church at the linger longer. Afterward, I kept teasing Matt about you. I could tell he liked you. Anyway, I love all the pictures and I would love to house all five of you. I am always wishing for someone to come visit us. And not to brag but, today it is 83 degrees with not a cloud in sight.