I ALWAYS swaddle Winston when it's time for him to sleep. Sometimes when he's waking up he can get his arms out. So this morning when he woke up to eat at 7am he had this huge scratch across his forehead. No wonder why he was crying so hard. I felt so bad, and he looks like such a sad little sight. I didn't realize his fingernails were that long until I started to trim them.

On another note, Malcolm didn't potty train until just after his 3rd birthday. Our Dr said not push it, he'll do it when he was ready, so we never did. He potty trained really fast and easy. He's probably had less then 10 accidents...seriously. In the beginning we would put him to bed in a pull up, but he woke up several times without wetting it. Wow that was easy, and he's probably only had 5 or less accidents while sleeping.

This morning while I was nursing Winston, Malcolm started calling for me. Since I couldn't get up I called for Matt, who didn't respond until Malcolm said "Mommy, come here, I peed my bed!" The poor kid. Matt put him in the bath and striped his bed. When he came out I asked him why he peed his bed. He said that he had a dream, this is how it went, "I went into another thing and lifted it up (hand motions like he's lifting the toilet seat), I went into anther thing and lifted it up (his voice accelerating) and then I went to another thing and lifted it up again. Then it's not the toilet, it's only my bed. That's a funny dream"
Another one about Malcolm.
Today at lunch Malcolm said the blessing on the food. This is part of what he said, "that I can think about Jesus' blood and Jesus' body. Jesus died on Easter and became alive again." I'm so glad to know that he is retaining a little bit of what we try teaching him.

Since I'm blogging about the other boys, I feel like I can't leave Quinn out. I was trying to get a picture of him doing his grumpy face. He wouldn't do it for me...I guess he can't do it on demand. He has quite the mad face though...I hope I can capture it on camera someday. Since I couldn't get it, I'll share a few of Quinn's obsessions: chocolate milk, cheese, pancakes and waffles. All food of course, not that he eats much!
10 comments:
You really should keep your knives out of the crib...
Oh, poor Winston! That's so sad! I can't believe he scratched himself that badly! Kiss it better for me! Love you!
I love how Mom has a GraMimi Brag Spot with nothing to brag about.
Ha ha Leisha, funny comment about your mom's brag spot!! (sorry Lou, had to say it) Now start posting Marion....
POOR Winston!! That is so sad. I hate when they bap themselves in the face, scratching at the same time. Those little nails are sharp!
Quinn and his obsessions, too funny. Malcolm's dream is hilarious. I had that happen once. I was humiliated. Especially since I was at least 10! I thought I was swimming. Nope just peeing my bed. Can't believe I just typed that. Oh well.
Poor baby. I hate that. I always feel guilty when they scratch themselves. Then I try and cut their nails and cut their fingers so I just feel worse.
YOu and Matt are so cute.
Poor Winston, that is one of my pet peeves is when they do that to themselves. Nowdays, I have to sit on Dallin to clip his nails. Poor Malcolm, dont worry Maggie has to wear a pull-up every night, and it isnt because of any dream
Poor baby. It's so sad when they hurt themselves. Rose is constantly headbutting things (mostly me). She is currently sporting two bruises on her forehead. Potty training kind of freaks me out. I really have no idea to go about it. I guess I should buy a book. I think I might start with Rose, just because she keeps telling me "potty" and runs to the toilet when she has to go.
Aw, poor Winston. And whoops on the potty bed! lol...that's pretty funny. I hate those dreams! :D I just wanted to say that the photos of Malcom and Quinn look great! Were you using Manual on your camera?? Love the natural light!
poor little guy. the guilt can come so quickly can't it? i love the name of your blog. i just got it the other day. i know, i'm a bit slow sometimes....it's all those pregnancies!! i swear i get more stupid with each one man! your boys are getting so big. so you joined the family ward? how do you like it? we loved it. but it was hard to decided to switch. then after we did, we wished we'd done it a year before. it was sad to leave the terreview ward. there are just so many primary kids it's great. kurtis loved it so much. anyways, ya'll take care! april
Poor, poor Winston! The thing that make me sad is he has more than one scratch mark.
I love Malcolm's version of his dream! So funny!!
Oh, and why does Mom comment on your blog and not mine! That's the second time she's done that that I can remember.
Post a Comment