Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

We started out our Easter weekend doing an Easter egg hunt. It was so cold!! Last year the boys were in shorts and a t-shirt. Crazy weather! They separate the kids by ages, so Quinn and Malcolm went at the same time. When they said "go" Quinn was really timid and I was trying to get him to hurry and get eggs. I wondered what the problem was, until he told me "pants fall down." Matt didn't put a belt on him, and these pants just fall right off him. After that he picked up 10-15 eggs then looked in his basket and said, "that's enough" and walked off. What a funny kid. Here he is waiting to start.Matt went and watched Malcolm do his. Matt tried to explain to him that it's kind of a "race" and you pick up eggs as fast as you can. Well Malcolm had other plans and only picked up the colors he wanted...red and orange. He did the same thing last year. Both Quinn and Malcolm ended up with about the same amount.
Matt with the boys after it was all said and done. Apparently the boys are more interested in what they got then in taking a picture.
Luckily we only had to be in the cold for 10-15 mins. Winston was all bundled up in the sling under a blanket and my coat. He was quite content. He is so dang cute in his little outfit!
After the Easter egg hunt, we were able to go home for my nephew Grayson's baby blessing. I was so glad that I was able to be there. Unfortunately I was only able to see him for just a little bit Saturday night. He was sleeping when I got there and I held him for just a little bit before Winston wanted to eat. Therefore no pictures of him, or the babies together. Too bad...hopefully we can get some the next time!

We were able to spend Easter with our families which was fun. Here Quinn is enjoying finding what the Easter Bunny left him.
I captured such a sweet smile from Winston. I love this sweet boy!
With just about everything Malcolm pulled out of his basket, he posed for me with. He's really getting the hang of being my "model" for photo shoots!
My Mom bought the boys matching ties for Easter. I wanted to capture a picture of Winston in it before church, just in case he decided to spit up all over himself. Too bad he was just wanting to go to sleep instead.
After church we were able to take a few pictures of the boys all together. How sad is it that this is the first picture of all of them together. I have not been up on things. In fact, we still haven't taken any pictures of the five of us. Ugh...it makes me so sad! If I had a tripod I could attempt it myself.
After Grayson's blessing we went to Mom's for Easter dinner. It was a great dinner with yummy food and great company!! I love when I capture the moments that Grandpa holds my boys. Winston was very content the whole time. I sure do love my "Grandpa Quinn".
After we stayed at my Mom's for a while, we went over and did dinner all over again with Matt's family. Well I actually fed Winston during dinner, and decided to pass on stuffing myself a second time. Quinn didn't get a nap and after a while he disappeared. This is where Ryan found him. Passed out with his guitar still around him. He is a real "guitar hero"!! Oh and you might notice the marker on his nose and eyelids. He decided to mark himself. He's really been into coloring on himself within the last little while and I can't let him use pens or markers anymore.
Then Matt walked upstairs to find Winston and his dad snoozing. Too bad he woke them up by taking pictures.
Thanks for the good weekend family. We're so glad to live close enough to spend time with them often!

7 comments:

Trista said...

What a great post!!! So many cute photos!! Love the one of Winston smiling! :D Glad you guys had a great Easter!

melanie said...

Love Winston and his smile. Those first ones are so hard to get on camera, good job.

The boys look cute in their ties. I love them. You do need a photo with all 5 of you while Winston is little. I say next Sunday, you dress them all up again and ask Georgey's mom or dad (haha) and get one! I'll remind you next week.

Quinn, that guitar and that HUGE remote are hilarious. That is one tired boy.

Anna said...

I love all the pictures. Im so happy when I finally catch a baby smile on camera. I think you can tell Winston and Mason are related, I dont know what it is...but something. I love the pics of Grandpa and of Merle holding Winston.
Dallin has that same tie. I had no idea dressing up a boy could be so fun-until I had one!

Brianne said...

I can't believe Winston was awake to get a picture of him smiling! It's so cute. Love all the pictures you were able to get.

It was good to see you guys again on Sunday! Hope all is going well back at home.

Mandy said...

Too many cute pictures to comment on. I love them all! Winston smiling and all the boys in their ties are my favorites I think. I love the way they are just loving Winston. So cute! It sounds like you guys had fun at the hunt, I kind of wish we would have stayed. Oh, and I would be happy to take your pictures on Sunday, good idea Melanie! I also like the grandpas holding the baby, those are precious.

Lacey said...

Your living every girls dream, you know that right? Living in a house full of great looking men! Easter looked like great fun for everyone, and it looked like the hives finally went away, (that was so sad!) if only the snow would go away too! I am also so annoyed with the snow and I hear there may be more tomorrow. It can't be winter forever... can it? We miss you guys in the student ward, you should pop in some time, there is a chili cook-off on Friday. I love the pic of the boys in their ties, they are too cute!

Harper Family said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter!! I love the matching ties...too cute! And how cute is that picture of Winston smiling?! You have such a darling family!