It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years today. Whenever our anniversary comes around, I always tend to think about all the things that happened during that time. It was a bitter/sweet experience for me. That's the best that I can do to describe it. I think of how excited and happy I was when Matt proposed, even though he actually never asked. I was just assuming he was proposing when he gave me the ring. So I don't even know if I ever said yes for that matter, and how did we ever end up married? Ha ha! I just remember that night and the next day feeling so lucky! He made me feel so important to him. It was really important for me that he asked for my Father's blessing. So he was sweet enough to call my Dad and tell him he proposed. Dad of course was excited and gave Matt some words of wisdom. I remember all that day just looking at my ring over and over and thinking how beautiful it was. (Matt picked out the ring all by himself, I didn't even know!) The wedding details were trivial to me. I didn't care, I just wanted to get married and know that I would spend all eternity with Matt. I guess that's why our engagement was only 2 months. I was so thankful to have Matt in my life when the night after we were engaged, Dad was killed. That was the hardest time in my life. But I couldn't have survived it without a blessing and knowing this was suppose to be the happiest time in my life. Matt was prompted to propose to me sooner then planned, and it's what got me through. Matt and I wondered if we were really suppose to get married when Grandpa Bushman died the day before our wedding. It was another bitter part of the process. (And we didn't really wondering if we weren't suppose to be married, we more just thought it was ironic!) But since Grandpa's funeral ended up being the day before our reception, I was lucky enough to have a lot of Dad's family there. It meant a lot to me since I didn't have my Dad. Not that it made up for the lose. So the process getting to our wedding day was rough, but I guess I wouldn't have changed it...it did bring us closer. Oh how I miss my Dad!
As I think back over these years, I think of all the things that have changed. The two wonderful children we have. (Some days I wonder why I ever wanted children.) ;) The way my body has changed from these pregnancies. (Will it ever be the same?) Matt's lose of hair. Ha ha! (Still just as handsome.) I think of all the trials we've overcome and how much stronger our relationship is from them. I'm amazed at how many times we have moved. Six times to date, and we are going to be moving to a bigger apartment in the next few months. (This is also counting the few months we lived with my mom while our house was being built.) I think of our first "house". It wasn't much, but it was ours, and it was new. I was sad to sell it. I was excited though when we moved our family to Pullman for Matt to finish school. (And I was also excited because I wasn't working anymore!)
Five years...I can't believe it. I know maybe it's not that long in the long run...but right now it feels amazing. I love Matt more than I ever have! He is the most amazing man. (Even if he doesn't think so.) He loves me more then I know, and I know that he is totally committed to me. He is forgiving and honest. (He can't lie though...his face always tells the truth.) He is the most amazing father to our children, and they are so lucky to have him. He makes me happy on days that I am sad. And he always makes me see things in the other perspective. Matt I love you more then you know...and I'm so thankful to have you throughout eternity! Happy Anniversary!!
No comments:
Post a Comment