Mel called Milo while we were picking and was wondering if he would go to Mattawa to pick cherries at her Grandma's. He was reluctant, but then decided and asked me to go. At first I was like no way, but for some reason I figured I might as well continue while I had the bee in my bonnet. So here's Milo and I on our journey. I do not take good self portrait pictures.
Here are our little travelers. We stopped in "The State of George", as Nathan called it, and ate at the truck stop. The kids had corn dogs and jojo's and Milo and I had Subway. Yummy! I think people thought we were crazy with 4 kids...haha!
Here are my pickings. I ended up making 50 (8oz.) jars of strawberry jam last night. Luckily Mom has a freezer for it all. I'm thinking of trying cherry jam, I just don't know if I would like it...I've never had it before. How fun! I love being a stay at home mom and having the freedom to go and do this kind of stuff. Before I never had the time or energy. Doesn't all the fruit look delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment