Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Kindergartener

It's about time I update and put up Quinn's first day of kindergarten. He was so excited, he was up out of his bed right away and made his bed without complaint. He was so ready for kindergarten and thought he was a big shot. Here are a few pictures of his first morning of school. 
iPhone pic
Technically, this is from Malcolm's day of school when Quinn went in for his kindergarten assessment. I was nervous for it as if I was being judged on how well I've taught my child. He did awesome and made me so proud of him. Mrs Hawes, the teacher that did the evaluation really liked him, and I really liked her. She seemed to be a wonderful teacher and I told her I hoped that he got into her class. The next day, she saw me as I was picking up Malcolm and told me that she'd requested Quinn in her class. I was so excited that he would be in her class, and she seemed to really love all her students. 
Another day of initial pancakes since the boys had seperate first days of school. Quinn got up, made his bed and got dressed before I was even done make breakfast. He was excited.
The cute new kindergartener! He had the biggest smile in this picture.
He kept putting his hands in his pockets, he was antsy. 
Love his crocked smile. 
Quinn at his table. His face cracks me up, and nervous playing with his backpack strings. 
Are we done yet....
We went to the classroom first to drop off his stuff, and then they had to go outside for the class line up, Pledge of Allegiance and announcements. He was so nervous, it was cute.
I love that cute boy!
Mrs Hawes let all of us parents go back to the classroom and stay for a while. She read them a book called "The Kiss Hand" by Audrey Penn. It's a cute book about a raccoon named Chester that was nervous to leave his mom to go to school.
Mrs Hawes reading to them. I really like her, she seems so great. I love teachers that make me feel like they really love my children.
After the book they made a raccoon hand puppet. Quinn was pretty excited and kept looking at me and posing.
He had a wonderful first day of school and his favorite part was recess of course. He's been doing great and his teacher is really enjoying him. I'm sure proud of him. He was more then ready to start school. 
iPhone pic
There was an extra Chester raccoon that they gave to Winston, which he was so excited to cut out on his own. I just had to post this, because I was so impressed on how well he cut it out. Good job Winners!

No comments: