Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Funnies

This morning as I was getting ready for church, Winston was of course hanging out with me in the bathroom. He was playing with my mirror, and dropped it, making the little stand part fall off, as it has many times before. A few minutes later I see this.
(I had him do it for me again, just for the picture.) 
He looked at me and says na-na-na-na-da-da. This is how he says Batman. You know the theme song where it goes na, na, na, na, Batman. Well we used to sing it to him, and now that's what he calls Batman, he can even follows the notes sometimes, or he just says it. He totally thought the base of my mirror looked like Batman ears. Totally made me giggle, smile and nuzzle him! Love this little peanut, and he loves Batman!

Again, as we were getting ready for church, Quinn couldn't find his church shoes, he comes out of his room and tell me, "I guess I'm going bear walking." Haha! Oh he made me laugh, and still it makes me laugh! Love his stage when they know what they are saying, but still don't quite know the right word or expression, but just go for it!

At church during Sacrament meeting, right after the last speaker was done and the organ started playing the intro to the last hymn, Winston totally knew that meant it was over, and got all excited and loud gathering his stuff to go to nursery. How do they know when they aren't even watching, what if it was just the rest hymn? He made me giggle!

I had a great day today. I was actually happy and not frustrated with the kids before church. Sundays can be hard! It must have been because I was singing in Sacrament meeting, and already feeling the spirit, practicing it. My friend Melissa and I sang "What Child is This?", and it was so fun. It was great to sing again, and we got tons of compliments of how people felt the spirit through it. One of the missionaries says he didn't cry, but he was close! Haha! I love feeling the spirit and bringing the spirit in with music! It's awesome!

I also got a new calling! I was released from teaching Sunday School with Matt, and called to teach CTR 6 in the primary! I'm very excited and love that I get to be in the primary. This is the first time I've been in primary since I was 18 teaching sunbeams. (Excluding nursery, doesn't count as primary.) I've always been in Sunday School callings, Relief Society callings or Nursery. I'm excited for the change!

Also, it got to something like 85 degrees here today! It was awesome! It's not normal, it's usually more like high 60's/low 70's. Not sure I'm going to like giving up my flip flops and not having to wear a jacket when we go home to Washington later this week! Brrr!

1 comment:

melanie said...

You are going to be great with that class. Probably one of my favorite ages in primary. They don't cry for their parents and they say the cutest things.

Oh Sundays can be so hard. Glad you had a good one.