After the fair, we were recuperating from the heat and walking, while sitting on the couch at my Mom's house. Malcolm kept putting his fingers in his mouth, and I kept telling them to get them out of his mouth. After a few times of that, I finally asked him why he was putting them in his mouth. He informed me that his tooth was loose, so I asked him to let me see. When I felt it and looked at it, I noticed he had an adult tooth already coming in. How did this happen, and why didn't I notice before! Since his tooth was so loose, we told him we needed to pull it, so his other tooth would have more room to come in. I really, really wanted to pull it. I always LOVED pulling my own tooth. But I couldn't get my fingers tight enough on it. So Matt had to do it instead!

Malcolm wasn't so sure about the whole thing. He didn't cry, but he was a little nervous about it. Here he is sporting the first tooth he's lost!

He was a little nervous to take the tissue out of his mouth so I could get this picture. He was so afraid it would still be bleeding.

He thought he was pretty big losing his tooth. He couldn't wait for the Tooth Fairy to come, but he first had to take his tooth around and show his grandparents. He was one happy boy when he woke up to find the Tooth Fairy had left him a while dollar.
2 comments:
Same thing happened when Maggie lost her first tooth, I almost called 9-1-1 over the fact that an adult tooth was already in. I found it it was no big deal and quite common.
I just have to tell you the 1st time I read this I laughed because it says you guys were walking on your moms couch. I was thinking Aunt Mimi let her hair down and got wild.
Ha, walking on the couch.
OK, tip for the next teeth because I too, love to pull out teeth. Don't use your fingers, you use dental floss tied around the tooth as close to the gum as you can get. The only teeth I haven't gotten out that way, Nathan's funky teeth, ha!
Love the artistic take on losing teeth. Awesome photos.
Post a Comment