Friday, August 7, 2009

Bushman Family Get Together (Part 1)

The first week of August, Uncle Max and Aunt Reaka came up for Max's high school reunion. They wanted to get together and see us kids. Well it ended up being a big Bushman get together. It was so much fun to be with family again. Since Dad's been gone, it hasn't happened much. All of our siblings were there, except for Amanda. It was great to be with my siblings. I love and miss them all so much. We aren't together nearly enough!!

We started out our day at the Aquatic Center. It was a great day to go, with great weather. The kids all had a blast and despite Matt not being there, there were tons of people who took the boys along with them.

Nothing like playing with your cousins. These two boys, Malcolm and Dan always enjoy hanging out together.
Uncle Max even convinced Grandma to come and join in the fun. Although she wasn't into hanging out in the water, she enjoyed the shade and ice cold water. I sure love my Grandma!!
Jayni girl, Brianne's daughter, her, Malcolm and Dane are all the same age. So much fun!
Malcolm getting ready for some deep sea diving.
Brianne is probably going to kill me when she looks at this, but she just looks so cute, I had to post it.
Uncle Earl and his family were driving through on their way back from Colorado, so they stopped by to see us all. It was fun to see them for a few minutes also.
My cousin Brandon with his GQ pose (Earl's son). That's also John (also Earl's), although he's not looking at the camera.

Malissa might disown me for this picture! Love you Malissa!!!
Mason the moose, Brianne's son. He is one busy boy and a huge beast!
I think Quinn was a little tuckered out from all the sun and playing.
Baby Win was tired too. A one year old can't last too long past his nap. I was so glad he actually fell asleep and stayed asleep when I put him in the stroller. He's so cute with his greased sunblock hair.
My niece Ally, Malissa's daughter, in her cute little princess towel. I think this is the cutest towel ever, with a crown and then is has all the Disney princesses on the back! Too cute!
After the pool, we headed to Ryan's for a BBQ. Ryan started a grease fire on his grill, but the meat still tasted good. Haha. After all the good food, we played volleyball. How fun is that, seriously? We had so much fun!!
Aunt Reaka has some mad volleyball skills! She was so much fun!
My little bro Tyler, that isn't so little anymore, being the goofball that he is! Seriously I still think of Tyler at the age of eight. I can't believe he's a SENIOR in high school. How did that happen? He's been blessed to be able to live with Uncle Max and Aunt Reaka. They are so good to him and I am so thankful for them! What a great family I have!!
This is my niece Kloie, Jason's daughter, and my brother Spencer. Kloie was so cute, she loved having me take pictures of her, and she just couldn't stop talking to me.
Milo still has some skills! I can't believe he can still do that! Haha!
I know this picture is blurry, but I just had to show my "special" brother Jason! Love you dork!
Milo with his NATURAL smile!! FYI, the Bushman's do not have natural smiles, we get it from our Dad. I think Milo needs to start practicing in the mirror, because he really can smile! Haha!
I LOVED that Uncle Max and Aunt Reaka got in on the game. They are awesome and still got it! My brother Carter all blurred.
While we volleyed, the kids ran around, doing their thing. Apparently Dane is doing stunts with Quinn.
Although I had thought of it right before getting the volleyball game started, at the end we decided to get a group shot of all us kids. By then it was starting to get dark, so this picture is really blurry, but at least we are all in it. Only Amanda wasn't there, so this is all my siblings from my Dad. In the back: Tyler, Malissa, Milo, Brianne, Ryan, Jason. Middle: Trevor, Spencer, Calvin, Me, Carter. Front: Kathryn and Tanner. Let me tell you, it is so hard to get a picture with this many goofy people. Everyone is pinching and tickling everybody. I sure do love my siblings though!!
The girls, minus Amanda. By this time, it was really dark. Brianne, Me, Malissa and Kathryn.
Matt got this beautiful sunset picture as we were playing volleyball. What a perfect ending to a wonderful day. I seriously didn't want to go home, I was having so much fun. But my baby was TIRED, and kept crying and just wanted his bed.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good job on getting a picture with all the siblings. I haven't seen the younger boys in forever so it was great to see everyone. It's amazing how big all the boys are! Fun times with all the family. Beautiful sunset.

melanie said...

Thank heavens I don't have to kill you for posting one of me at the pool. You're such a good sister! :)

It was a great day and I didn't want it to end either. Especially because that meant I had to go home and pack for camping.

You got a lot of great photos, especially the one of Milo REAL smiling. Very rare. And is Jason really the only 'special' brother?

I have so many photos to steal off your blog I think I should just come and get them off your computer!