We moved back home for the time being. We're hoping it'll only be for a year, while were waiting to get into school. Since it's not up to us if we get in, it could be longer. We thought we'd like to be close to our family, since we don't know where we will end up for sure. We moved all our stuff into storage for the time being, while we wait for the house we are renting to be ready.
A few pictures of our empty apartment. I could have cool pictures of all the boxes, moving truck, the men loading it, me cleaning, but I didn't take them. Matt took these, so it's what I have.
It's always weird to see your house empty. This is the last of everything and the last place we were cleaning.
It ended up being a crazy time to move. We would have liked to have moved the end of June, but we didn't know if Matt would have a job, and if it really would have been a good time. Matt ended up being able to work with his dad, so when we went home for Father's Day weekend, we ended up just staying. So basically all summer, we lived out of suitcases.After my California trip, the boys and I went home for a week so I could start packing and getting boxes. It's really hard to pack by yourself, and still take care of three kids. I have some nice neighbors and a few of them took the older boys for a few hours.
I also went home by myself once from a Sunday night through a Tuesday morning, and packed some more without kids. I got a lot more done, and nearly finished up with the packing then. Besides the odds and ends. Those are always the worst.
Finally Thursday, July 30th, Matt and I, and Ryan and Stephanie went down for the move. I can't believe we were able to do it all that fast.
Even though it was such a crazy move, it was such a blessing that we waited to move until that time. Matt's parents neighbors and best friends, the Earl's, were just getting back from their mission in Peru, but were called to be mission presidents in Madrid, Spain. So they needed someone to live in their house. So with the perfect timing we get to live right next to my in laws, in a big beautiful home. We just had to wait a few weeks to be able to move in, while the Earls came home to report on their mission and spend sometime at home.
Thanks to everyone who helped us move, and watched our kids in the process! We have some great family and friends!
I took some pictures on my trip back from Pullman, when the boys and I went by ourselves. It's a long and boring drive to Pullman, but it sure has some beautiful farm land along the way.



We will miss you Pullman and all our friends! We will always have some great memories there. Especially the birth of our 3rd son, and the amazing hospital he was born in. I sure will miss that hospital!!
2 comments:
I will always love Pullman! One little special town that place is
Oh tear, tear.... I love your Pullman farm land pictures. Makes me miss it. I'll always cherish our friendship. I love you Shaila.
Post a Comment