Happy birthday Malcolm Lee! I can't believe it's already been five years. In so many ways you were a blessing to us. There is nothing like your first child. Everything is a first and it's so exciting for the next step. You are such a sweet boy. You love your family and your brothers. You are at such an exciting age, where you are so curious about life. I love seeing your innocent testimony growing. I love to hear you talk about the things you have learned about the gospel. You have a Captain Moroni picture in your room, and you are sure he is your older brother. You have a great imagination and love to draw. It's been amazing to see you learn and grow this last year in preschool. You learned to write your name very fast and can write Quinn's name too. You are so excited to be five. You think turning five will make you stop needing a blanket, stop sucking your thumb and stop picking your nose. I hope it works too!! We love you Malcolm. What a sweet spirit you have, we're so thankful you're a part of our home. Some pictures through the years.
One of the only pictures pregnant with you. Probably around 6-7 months along...but I can't be sure.

Minutes after you were born. The instant bond and joy that we felt was amazing. I couldn't stop crying!! We definitely know where you get your duck lips from!!

Such a little baby at only 6 lb. 14 oz. I could carry you on my shoulder with one hand. July 2003

What a handsome Daddy you have. You had a strong bond with him from the very start. You want to be just like him and talk about when you are going to be a daddy some day. July 2003

You grew way too fast for my taste! You were always such a strong baby.

I went back to work when you were 3 months old. It was the hardest thing I had to do. I started crying days before going back. I worked graveyards and the first night gone was the first time you slept through the night. Lucky daddy!

Your love for tractors started early. Here you were helping daddy landscape at our first house. April 2004.

Your first camping trip to the Chlarson reunion. You had just learned how to walk. July 2004

Jayni was born only 9 days before you. This was Halloween 2004, you were a race car driver. (Dad's request!)

We started out as just a little family, just the three of us. November 2004

You've always been such a handsome little guy!

Here you are with little Grandpa Mathias and Grandma Hardy. You love them both very much. I loved your hair like this when you were a baby...so cute!

I would comb it everyday too. You were just so adorable!

Dressing up with Jayni...Dad's going to hate that I put this picture up. May 2006

Gramimi got you a build a bear. You were too scared to stuff it yourself. We named it Mack Bear after your nickname Mack. May 2006

First day of preschool September 2006. You only went for a month before I wanted you home longer with me.

Always such a silly kid.

Right before the Easter Egg Hunt April 2007.

You love your brother. You guys are good friends...for the most part. January 2007

You're growing up into such a handsome little five year old. I can't believe it. May 2008

You're T-ball coach bought you this awesome tattoo. You thought you were some awesome stuff. June 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Malcolm. I can't wait to see you grow these next five years to come. I hope you have a special day.
One quick little story. When Malcolm goes to the bathroom he has to strip all the way down. It also takes him a long time. He'll sit and talk to himself or sing songs. Well a couple weeks ago we had all just woken up. I was feeding Winston and Matt was still laying in bed. Malcolm had to go to the bathroom so he striped down and started going. Then he starts yelling "Can someone please get me a magazine to read?" I tell him I'm feeding Winston so ask Daddy. "Daddy can you get me a magazine please, one of your car magazines?" Like father like son. He has done this ever since. I now just leave a magazine in his bathroom. I guess this will be my life with all boys.
6 comments:
Nice birthday post. Happy Bday Malcolm. Love the toilet story!
Happy Birthday Malcolm! He has changed so much and is definitely getting that older kid look to him. So sad yet exciting at the same time. Hope to see you this week.
Happy Birthday! That is so sweet and the pictures are just priceless! I love the magazine in the bathroom story. I hear ya about having a world full of boys!
Malcolm,
This is Georgey. I wished that I didn't miss your birthday. But I did, I'm sorry. I love playing pirates with you and ninja turtles.
Love,
Georgey
What cute bday posts for your boys! It was fun to look back with you at pictures from newborn 'til now. What darling boys! Oh, and could Winston get any cuter?!
Wow they grow up fast. I especially loved the dress up picture. That's priceless. My kids totally do the strip down thing too. Even in public.
Post a Comment