Malcolm has been wanting to learn ever since. So we went and bought some pads so he wouldn't get too hurt learning. I kept telling him he had to wait until dad was home to teach him. So last Wednesday Aiden told him he would help him. He took the training wheels off and started running with him on the grass. He did good the first time and went 20-30 feet on the grass.
After lunch their girls came and asked Malcolm to come back out. While I was inside, Aiden continued to work with Malcolm in the parking lot. By the time I came out, Malcolm's totally riding with little help. By the time Matt comes home, Malcolm is riding around the parking lot several times before falling. I was so proud of him! He's a pro now! He can start himself when he really wants too with the help of the curb, but a lot of the time he ask us to hold his bike while he get on.
I can't believe he learned to ride in ONE day! He was so proud of himself and he thought he was some awesome stuff. Thanks Aiden for doing all the work! You're awesome! You too Holly!!
That same day Malcolm started doing tricks on his big wheel. He rides really fast then turns the wheel, spinning it. All the kids thought he was so awesome, and now all of them want to ride them. I've had to start locking them up, because the big kids think they should ride them too.
He's such a cute little biker! I love him with all his cool little helmet and gear. He's growing up right before my eyes! Sniff, sniff!
6 comments:
what a stud! Go Malcolm!
How did you catch such awesome fireworks pics? Cool stuff. :)
We think you guys are pretty dang cool, too. And I'll pass along the note to Aiden... he's always "going to" get on here but it has yet to occur!
You forgot the part where you can ride the Big Wheels. I'll take the picture for you to post if you'd like. =)
Way to go Malcolm! We were successful at teaching Nate the summer before he was five. But with Dane, it's going to be a whole different story considering all the scarring I did when I made him crash!! He is never going to let me live that one down. He might even need therapy over it, ha!
See you in a couple day!
I'm so glad you keep a fairly regular blog. I so enjoy the pictures and updates! We'll have to have not only a "potty party" but a "biker party", too! Can't wait to see you all again! Love you lots!
Way to go Malcolm! I can't believe he did that in one day. Like father like son I guess, next week he'll want a motorcycle.
Post a Comment